cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Chase travel portal mark up prices?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Chase travel portal mark up prices?

I'm using the CTP to book a trip for the first time and I noticed at least for hotels in Chicago, the base price for all the rooms are higher than listed on any other site. Now granted I would still pay less if I use points, but it almost seems disingenuous to mark the prices then let me redeem my points at 1.25x. 

Is this an absolute? Are prices always higher through the CTP?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does the Chase travel portal mark up prices?

The only time I used UR points was early last year when I booked a hotel in Hong Kong through the Chase portal.  I compared the rates to Expedia and they were identical, even though the portal was powered by Connexions at the time.  By now, the portal should be on Expedia's platform.  I closed my CSP,  so I can't compare rates.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 2 of 4
iced
Valued Contributor

The one time I looked to compare prices, I also noticed they were identical to what one would see in Expedia. I suspect it's not so much that Chase is marking things up as the travel application back-end they use may have prices higher than some other applications, so you're seeing that manifest. In other words, you'd also likely see Expedia prices higher than whatever portal you compared to.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, they don't.

For the trips I looked and booked (then cancelled), they are cheaper than all other options.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.