Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ file blocked(?)

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

EQ file blocked(?)

So pretty much what the title states my EQ file disappeared, I can't pull a report online anywhere nor apply for credit with any FI that pulls EQ. This has been going on since February, every time I speak with a rep I'm told that every thing looks good on their end and they offer to send me a copy of my report. I'm also told that what ever they did will fix my accessibility issues and should be able to see it anywhere from 2 to 10 days. I've been promised callbacks that have never happened. 

When I log I. I get a pop up prompting me to call and give the rep the code (BLNK). I've been told that EQ doesn't give out codes so I HUCA give the next rep the code and she said it means your file is blank... I've all but given up I dont know what the deal is, I do get score updates from myFICO (only the F8, not the other 300 of them) otherwise it hasn't refreshed since February. Has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the work around?

86A5CC48-28EC-4EA6-ACD2-A2912984F7D9.jpeg

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: EQ file blocked(?)

When I finally had enough of the Equifax clown show I started filing CFPB complaints.  It was a slow process, but it eventually worked.

Offshore support staff could see the problems but they primarily only had read access so they would have to submit tickets to get the issue fixed....except that issues never got fixed.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 14
Hex
Valued Contributor

@addicted_to_credit 

You probably have a split file on Equifax. It happened to me once. Total PIA to get resolved. Search this site for: Split file Equifax and see if it sounds familiar. 

Message 3 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Hex Not a 100% match but there are some similarities, when I log in to EQ. I get that pop up I posted earlier and if I clear it out and try to look at a report I get this

AF471666-014E-48CC-80F5-9259BD70E1EA.jpeg

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

The weird thing is I can pull the report if I go through the motions of doing a dispute on EQ.

it will list everything out from name to soft inquiries.

Message 5 of 14
Hex
Valued Contributor

@addicted_to_credit 

It happened to me about 5 years ago so I can't remember all the details but I remember it's something that can happen if your Equifax file gets too large. The reason it happened to me was too many soft pulls to my Equifax report. At the time I was using free credit apps to check my reports from multiple sites everyday. One site I used allowed me to pull all three bureaus every day. It turns out that every time you do a soft pull it adds more data to your file and if the file gets too big it can somehow be split into two files. I had to call Equifax multiple times explaining my file was split and I had to speak to a supervisor to get it resolved. It took me hours on the phone. They way they fixed it was to have someone go into my file and manually delete what must have been hundreds of soft pulls. It took 10 days from when they agree to do it until it was fixed because I was in a waiting line for the service. I see that Credit Karma now has free daily Equifax pulls so I was wondering if Equifax had fixed this bug yet or if new people would end up with problems with too many soft pulls. I think that for some reason Equifax can't properly store as much data as Transunion and Experian can. I think there are other ways your file could get too big but it's primarily from too many soft pulls. I think a crazy number of accounts with or without soft pulls could cause a split file as well. I wish you luck with fixing it. If they keep giving you the run around file a complaint with the CFPB. It's Equifax's responsibility to diagnose and fix the problem not yours. Equifax is awful to deal with. I wish you a fast and minimally frustrating resolution to your problem.  Good luck. 

Message 6 of 14
lorenzop77
New Visitor

I have extensive knowledge in this industry and this is a clear path to correct this. What your going to want to do is to call Equifax at 800-203-7843 and get to a live person. Once you speak to a live person your going to give them your social security number and answer their verification questions (make sure you have a copy of your credit report with one of the other bureaus to make sure you answer the questions correctly, their questions are very specific to monthly payments and all the answers can be found on your experian and transunion report. Once your verified you need to tell them that you have a "Split credit file" they first reps you speak with are probably not going to be able to help you. Keep demanding to speak with the "Equifax Office of Consumer Affairs" They are the ONLY department that can fix this. Once you get Consumer Affairs on the line your going to want to give them ALL of your previous addresses and ALL of your name variations First name, Middle Name, Middle Initals, and last names that show on Experian ALL variations so they can piece your credit report back together. The best way to think of what actually happned with a "Split file" is to think of it like this..... Say you have a filing cabinet with one folder in it, what happened with you is your report got split into several files ALL WITH DIFFERENT ADDRESSES AND NAME VARIATIONS. They simply just need to merge everything back into one single file. Have your ID and SS card on hand as they will send you a link to upload that directly to them (if they ask you to mail it to them its ok too, it will just take about 2 weeks to correct, be sure to write them a letter including all your name variations and addresses listed on your experian report so they can simply merge back your credit files. Make sure on all your credit monitoring servcies like credit karma, experian, and Transunion you use to have the same address so they all match up from now on, as well as all your current creditors. Having one address and name variation will make sure this does not happen again.

Message 7 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I called about mid year last year and was told that I needed to send in various documents and they would get it worked out. I did everything they asked and included the message that I get when I login and as of today I still can't get my Equifax report.

Message 8 of 14
lorenzop77
New Visitor

You need to follow the previous directions I gave you, with the Equifax Office of Consumer Affairs. They are the ONLY people that can fix it, and sometimes even they make mistakes, presistance is key when trying to correct a credit issue. You have to understand that 90% of these employees are from a different country, and honestly most of them are plain stupid (hate to put it like that but its 100% the trurth!) if it doesnt work try and try again until it is corrected. I ASSURE YOU, I have corrected this issue more than 20 times for my clients (no longer in this business) but I gave you the best advice you will ever get I promise you! Follow the directions to a T and hopefully you get an American on the line, they are usually better to assist. Have your Experian credit report with you as this wil have ALL the variaitons of your name and previous addresses, and will have ALL the answers to the equifax security questions. This will be corrected in no time.

Message 9 of 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I'll give it a go, I appreciate your help / insight 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.