Regular Contributor

Re: Facebook or MySpace?

too many predators in myspace.

facebook is so much better!

Message 21 of 49
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Oh facebook def! That's where I've been the past month lol! It is very addicting! I tried myspace but it is a tad bit confusing with all the "stuff" going on....
Message 22 of 49
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

People that I haven't spoken to in years are coming out of the woodwork on FB. It is truly amazing how everyone is all networked together like that. I have so much updating to do. I don't want to be a bad FB friend, but you could literally spend 24 hours a day on there and it wouldn't be enough...kinda like this place. LOL.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 49
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@preci0uz wrote:

too many predators in myspace.

facebook is so much better!

I expect Facebook to eventually have predator problems like MySpace does currently. That what happens when you open your membership to everyone.

Not saying there aren't collegiate predators though. 

Here we go again...
Message 24 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I have a FB account and it seems that more adults find it to be better than myspace (which I'm not crazy about either) I have to say that I find FB incredibly invasive. Everytime you accept a friend request, everyone gets notified....if you use a friend finder, or the email tool everyone knows how you did it. If you post a picture, everyone gets notified. If you pick your nose, all 100 friends know about it. I HATE FB.  I have a few people that I accepted as friends to be polite but I do NOT want them knowing my business and it has totally ruined it for me. Plus, I could really care less who my friends are "fans" of or what they ate for breakfast or if their cappacino didn't have enough foam. I think it's really lame.

Message 25 of 49
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, some of it is really, really lame. "Smathers is cleaning the house today." "Jackson is marveling at all of the snow that he is getting in the Northern US in January." That said, you can change your notifications, so that things are quite as invasive.

Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made everything private that I possibly can, but I haven't yet figured out hot to change notifications. I'll look into that. Thank you!
Message 27 of 49
Donks3369
Established Contributor

So am I the only one that is anti-facebook and anti-myspace.  I see no purpose to joining these sites.  Everyone I want to talk to I already do.  Maybe you can even call someone or God forbid go meet them someone and spend some time with them.

Can anybody give me a real reason as to why I should join?  I really don't see the point.

Maybe it's just that I don't care if someone I haven't seen in 20 years is living in Botswana.  If I cared I would have found them long ago.  There, my rant for the day is done.

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donks3369 wrote:

So am I the only one that is anti-facebook and anti-myspace.  I see no purpose to joining these sites.  Everyone I want to talk to I already do.  Maybe you can even call someone or God forbid go meet them someone and spend some time with them.

Can anybody give me a real reason as to why I should join?  I really don't see the point.

Maybe it's just that I don't care if someone I haven't seen in 20 years is living in Botswana.  If I cared I would have found them long ago.  There, my rant for the day is done.

You're not the only one.  The comment I posted about "having MyFace in a SpaceBook" was a rather subtle gesture of thumbing my nose at those sites.

Message 29 of 49
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My fiancee feels the same way. She is adamantly against it. I hadn't had the least bit of interest in it, until I decided that I wanted my business to have an online presence, along with that, comes ME getting an online presence.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.