Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Credit Card

tag
lizmariposa
New Contributor

Favorite Credit Card

What is your favorite credit card, and why? (I am purposefully not being specifics as to categories of credit cards.) Smiley Wink Thanks! 

49 REPLIES 49
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Credit Card

It's not mine, but DW's:

CareCredit...and it's not even close.

Not only is it possible to receive and grow large CLs, but the financing offers make repayment incredibly convenient for users of multiple income levels. Plus, 95% of its possible uses involve the care of people and/or animals, thus serving a higher purpose than other credit products, IMO.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

California Bank & Trust ~ Vivid Rewards

3x restaurants/dining/delivery

3x entertainment

3x transportation/gas

3x streaming/cable/internet/wireless 

1x non-category purchases

No AF

No FTF

0% APR for 6 months

Cell Phone Protection etc.,

Bonus: Double rewards for 12 months, max 30,000 points

Why ~ covers nearly every major spend category thats important to me with no AF and no FTF. ***except travel but I prefer discount sites, not loyal to any specific airline or brand and don't travel enough to warrant needing a card solely for that purpose***

Hopefully I'll be eligible to apply sometime this decade. Strictly EX pull Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 50
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Gold, because I eat out a lot, and its purdy!

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 4 of 50
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Right now my Sears Mastercard, it's a TYP-earner and Citi keeps throwing very lucrative and easily-met promos at me to keep using it.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 50
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Chase freedom unlimited because I eat out a lot plus get 1.5% cash back on all other purchases. 

Message 6 of 50
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

US Altitude Reserve.   Because it's the correct answer.

Message 7 of 50
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Of the cards that I have, my favorite is probably my Discover, just because of what a positive experience I've had with them as a cardholder.  Bonus points for the wide variety of fun card designs they offer.  I don't use it much now, since most of my spending goes to my CFU and BCP, but they're still a lender I recommend to others (and did for my spouse!)

Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lizmariposa wrote:

What is your favorite credit card, and why? (I am purposefully not being specifics as to categories of credit cards.) Smiley Wink Thanks! 

Navy Flagship.   Low interest rate and cash back on different things.  Plus they paid my Amazon Prime membership this year.

Message 9 of 50
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Favorite card at this moment:

Hilton Honors Surpass.

I booked a weekend stay( Fri Check in) in Norfolk VA for commencement, but didn't show up until saturday morning. Booking was auto canceled. I asked desk services are there anymore rooms available, and was told no. Went on Hilton app, booked an open room at same hotel, asked desk services what time is check-in, all while standing still..smh.

Help my daughter relocate from TX to ST. Louis. Used some Hilton points to book at Tru Hotels for the night. Great relocation move, and great stay with Uhaul truck parking.

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.