Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Credit Card

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Credit Card

BCP is definitely my highest earner. 6% back from Meijer is nice, as they have a lot more than just groceries with decent prices to boot. I did the math on what I'll earn back from the 6% streaming alone, and it totals to $80.52 annually. 3% back at the pump when Disco or Freedom aren't running their gas quarters is a great fall back. Plus you have other offers and incentives. I earned $50 this year from the shop small incentive. All of this makes that AF an absolute non-issue. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 11 of 50
lizmariposa
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

US Altitude Reserve.   Because it's the correct answer.

Did you see they came up with a new card recently? I have to compare them and see. https://www.cnbc.com/select/us-bank-launches-new-altitude-connect-visa-signature-credit-card/

Message 12 of 50
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

BCP=single most used card for me

But my Chase "quadfecta" gives the greatest total returns. That is kinda cheating because 4 cards, though.

Message 13 of 50
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@lizmariposa wrote:

What is your favorite credit card, and why? (I am purposefully not being specifics as to categories of credit cards.) Smiley Wink Thanks! 

Ha ha ... for a minute there I thought you said ONE credit card. 

Wait ... you DID say one credit card?!?  Smiley Surprised

You DO realize this is the MY FICO crowd who appreciates cards-in-general? Lol Smiley Very Happy

My first answer is ... the one I'm using at the moment ...  Smiley Wink  ... since they all have their purposes and strengths and weaknesses. 

But if I truly had to pick ONE card to use forever (and I knew it wouldn't be nerfed later), I'd probably pick my AOD FCU Visa Signature.  Why?  It automatically credits a simple and straightforward uncapped and uncategorized 3% cash back on ALL my purchases, never any MCCs or category caps to think about.  It's not my highest limit but it has a very useful $25K limit.  Incredibly reasonable fees and interest rates.  It's not my absolute lowest purchase APR but the fixed 7.49% APR is still very competitive with "low APR" cards and could be used to carry a short-term balance if needed.  No Annual Fee.  No Foreign Transaction Fee.   No Balance Transfer Fee.  Cash Advance Fee is only 1% (minimum $5, maximum $25.)   Cash Advances and Balance Transfers are charged same APR as purchase APR, so as low as 7.49%.  It's a Visa, so wide level of acceptance world-wide.   Friendly and responsive customer service.   It's just an all-around highly-competitive and balanced card. 

AOD_FCU_VISA.jpg

Runner up would probably be my Chase Sapphire Reserve.  High travel rewards payout potential.   Outstanding and industry-leading travel protections and insurances including $1 Million AD&D travel insurance, Trip cancellation and delay, Lost or Delayed Baggage, and Roadside Assistance equivalent to AAA membership.  Additional travel benefits including Visa Infinite Concierge, Worldwide Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts and benefits, and Priority Pass Lounge access.  Shopping benefits to include Extended Warranty and Purchase protection.  No Foreign Transaction Fee.   Very useful credits against the seemingly-high $550 Annual Fee (combined with the high rewards and wide range of benefits) easily recoup the fee, IMO.  ($300 annual travel credit, $100 TSA Global Entry, $60 Door Dash with complimentary Dash Pass annual membership, and more.)  Again, a Visa so widely accepted.   High credit limits are possible; minimum is $10K as Visa Infinite and mine was approved at $35K.   Chase Sapphire customer service and fraud prevention has been excellent.  Reliable and functional mobile apps and websites.  Plus ... it's a cool looking metal card.  Smiley Happy

9CSR.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 14 of 50
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

But my Chase "quadfecta" gives the greatest total returns. That is kinda cheating because 4 cards, though.

@kilroy8 BCP=Best. Card. Period. Smiley LOL Do you still have the old design like in your siggy? Some people hate on it but I always thought they were pretty neat. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 15 of 50
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

+1 ^^  While I listed the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the value of it is magnified by my Quadfecta adding the Freedom Unlimited, Freedom, and INK Cash.  But even without those additional cards, it's got a lot going for it so I could easily list it towards the top of all my cards. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 16 of 50
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@kilroy8 BCP=Best. Card. Period. Smiley LOL Do you still have the old design like in your siggy? Some people hate on it but I always thought they were pretty neat. 

Yes, I still have it, and the clear BCE as well, but they have gotten a bit unreliable as far as chip scans. Hope they hang in there until 2023 exp dates.

Message 17 of 50
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Any card that doesn't get declined.

Message 18 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

California Bank & Trust ~ Vivid Rewards

3x restaurants/dining/delivery

3x entertainment

3x transportation/gas

3x streaming/cable/internet/wireless 

1x non-category purchases

No AF

No FTF

0% APR for 6 months

Cell Phone Protection etc.,

Bonus: Double rewards for 12 months, max 30,000 points

Why ~ covers nearly every major spend category thats important to me with no AF and no FTF. ***except travel but I prefer discount sites, not loyal to any specific airline or brand and don't travel enough to warrant needing a card solely for that purpose***

Hopefully I'll be eligible to apply sometime this decade. Strictly EX pull Smiley Sad

Huh. That's one I hadn't heard of but when I saw "AmaZing Rewards" on their site, I went and checked Vectra Bank and they have the Vivid Rewards card too. Definitely would be a great card if I knew about it before I picked up all these other 3% cards. Would have covered basically all my spend except Amazon. 

Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA ClearPoints is my favorite card by far. All of the targeted offers have made it my most valuable card. I mean this month and last month I basically got $50 (10% on $500 spend) each month for spend I would have done anyway. I will be very sad if PNC ruins this card. 

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.