Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Credit Card

tag
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite Credit Card

Well,  for me, it's my Navy Federal  More Rewards Amex card.   It moved  me into a prime card with a SL over $5,000.  Navy Federal gave me a SL of $9,700.  That was a wow for me.   And they gave me the lowest APR for the card at 9.65.    I've had the card for two and a half months now and will be receiving  the 25k bonus points since I've met the $3,000 spend required within 90 days.   I think they are only offering 10k bonus points right now for new cardholders.  Lucky me to get it before they changed that offer.

• 3X points at restaurants and on food delivery
  • 3X points at supermarkets
  • 3X points on gas and transit
  • 1X points on everything else.
  • No annual fee
  • No balance transfer fee
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No cash advance fees
Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 21 of 50
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Any card that doesn't get declined.

😂

Message 22 of 50
user979797
Established Contributor

Well my pick would have to be BBVA ClearPoints Platinum. The base program that offers UNLIMITED 3x cash back in a category of your choosing every three months along with the bonus emails I get from time to time to increase my rewards by 6 or 7 percent. One month I was able to get 10% unlimited cash back on my grocery purchases which also include my gasoline purchases since I purchase gas at the grocery store as well. This month I got a letter advising I would get an additional 10% back on ANY swiping I do this month on the first 500.00 in addition to my triple and double cash back categories for specific swipes. To have these bonus offers along with the unlimited cash back categories this card is extremely hard to beat and not many, if any, can beat it's extremely high rewards rates with no annual fee. By choosing groceries as your triple point cateogry every three months, and taking advantage of the additional bonus rewards offers (sometimes by clicking in email, sometimes just added to your account automatically) using this account as a grocery rewards card beats AOD's 3% and even AMEX's 6% cash back on groceries with a 95.00 annual fee and 6000 a year cap. BBVA has no cap and no annual fee, therefore with the bonuses you can actually make just as much cash back if not more with NO caps or fees. If anyone knows of a better grocery card with unlimited cash back that some months can reach 10% or more please post the card on here because I would love to know if it exsists. I have seen better rewards with this card than any other so hopefully when the PNC merger completes this card keeps it's incredible structure.

>
Message 23 of 50
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

USB AR as it is indeed the correct answer.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 24 of 50
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Out of my "portfolio" I'm going with the Amex Gold. Although the chase travel portal is far superior imo to Amex. 

Though I'm still looking for a better daily driver if anyone has ideas. I will say if I had gotten into the NFCU card ecosystem sooner, the Flagship looks pretty decent,

Reading through the thread there are some awesome options out there!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 25 of 50
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I would have to say my Capital One Savor One card. With the new rewards (3% on dining, streaming services, groceries), it is getting used much more.

Message 26 of 50
imastarboy
Established Member

CSR CSR CSR

Current:

Goal:

Message 27 of 50
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Navy Federal Flagship Rewards has been my primary card for a while now. 

Message 28 of 50
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

@kerplunk  what are your thoughts on their point value/redemption. Im a long time NFCU user but never their CCs and the Flagship looks solid but what're their point values like?

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 29 of 50
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

@kerplunk  what are your thoughts on their point value/redemption. Im a long time NFCU user but never their CCs and the Flagship looks solid but what're their point values like?

I redeem the points for cash back (1 pt = 1 cent) so I may not be the best person to ask. :-)

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.