Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Credit Card

tag
Trini88
Established Contributor

Re: Favorite Credit Card

My favorite card right now is my SavorOne. Love the 3% categories esp the 3% on groceries and dining.

Goal Cards:
Message 41 of 50
TSlop
Valued Contributor

My favorite is the BoA Premium Rewards card.

It pays you $5 a year to use it if you can use the $100 airline incidentals credit each year.

It gives a respectable 2x/1.5x base earnings (though I wish both this and the CSP earned 2x all around, like a Venture card).

I like that the points earnings can increase by 25/50/75% based on your banking relationship to get up to 3.5x/2.625x.

Admittedly, this card is in the SD. I did just get $67 of my $100 credit on my wife's seat upgrade for a business flight, though. I ate the annual fee last year due to the 'Rona and no traveling (they did give out a $50 dining credit, which I am assuming was to help compensate for the AF and generate spend). I currently utilize my CSP for travel spending, but once I hit Platinum status with BoA, I'll be carrying the PR. I might even solely carry it.... I'm very intrigued about dropping to a minimalist wallet with just my PR. I'm not sure I can give up the CF/Disco 5%, though, so I might have to carry 3.

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to say my Barclays Luxury Card. It is made of polished metal and comes in a display box. By far the best looking card out there.

It is too pretty to use LOL

Thanks

Mark

Message 43 of 50
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@lizmariposa wrote:

What is your favorite credit card, and why? (I am purposefully not being specifics as to categories of credit cards.) Smiley Wink Thanks! 

I'm going to eliminate the categories here and just go based on the look of the card and the experiences I've had.

Winner - Chase Sapphire Preferred - I love the current design of the card.  The fact the card is metal really adds an elevated feel to it.  The simplicity of the front with all the information on the back is also a winner for me.  Plus all of my dealings with Chase have been remarkable.  I've enjoyed them so much that I opened a checking account with them and have been very pleased so far, especially after I got my bonus from them.  

Runner Up - Citi Double Cash - While the card is showing it's wear, my dealings with Citi have been incredible.  When I was buying a car a year ago and putting the down payment on a credit card (no extra fee from the dealer...it was ok!), the Citi rep that was notating a big charge coming on my account was so helpful with advice for my purchase later that day as she'd worked for a car dealership before in finance.  If they'd elevate the look and durability of the card, this would be a toss up for me.

Honorable Mention - Apple Card - The presentation of the card when I received it was very impressive.  It was an experience just to open up the package.  And I'm a sucker for those metal cards.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 44 of 50
ShinsekaiYori
Valued Member

I think my new favorite has to be the Affinity Cash Rewards card. There's just so many rewards on that card I can't even list them all. On top of the base rewards, it also has rotating 5% categories which STACK on top of the base.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

It also has something called Ampre, which functions similarly to chase offers, that is, there are EXTRA bonuses for shopping at specific merchants. With Chase, you need to select each one you'd like to enroll in and theres maybe a dozen or less. With Affinity, it's all automatic and theres HUNDREDS of both online and local merchants that earn ADDITIONAL 3-5% on TOP of what you were already getting. Some restaurants around me (I'm talking local restaurants) earn up to 12% back on the right category months.

This is all for no annual fee.

TO

Message 45 of 50
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

I'm right there with you @ShinsekaiYori   Affinity is, by far, my favorite and most used card.  Everything you mentioned, and......no FTF either, fwiw.  They are also getting my new auto loan when I trade in my truck @ 1.39%.   How about that Unicorn Flex!

Unicorn Flex.PNG

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 46 of 50
collics
Established Contributor

Apple Card is just so fun to use to me. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 47 of 50
cws-21
Established Contributor

@lizmariposa wrote:

What is your favorite credit card, and why? (I am purposefully not being specifics as to categories of credit cards.) Smiley Wink Thanks! 

Thanks for the interesting and fun discussion, @lizmariposa. I, honestly, do not know what my favorite card has been given each and every card I have (except my Citi DC and Chase Amazon cards that I recently replaced) has a specific purpose. I do appreciate the Amex Offers and Amex Offers + Wells Fargo Deals, in additional to the cash back they yield, on my Amex BCP and Wells Fargo Propel, respectively. Moving forward, I really look forward to receiving my newly acquired AOD Visa Signature and joining the ranks of those of you who have enjoyed its 3% uncapped cash back on everything, relatively low APR at 7.49%, and no foreign transaction fees. I also look forward to receiving the Affinity Cash Rewards for which I was recently approved for its 5% cash back at Amazon and bookstores, stackable Hi5 categories, and no foreign transaction fees. I still do not know whether or not I will have a single favorite card, but I am looking forward to using my new setup.

Message 48 of 50
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@ShinsekaiYori wrote:

I think my new favorite has to be the Affinity Cash Rewards card. There's just so many rewards on that card I can't even list them all. On top of the base rewards, it also has rotating 5% categories which STACK on top of the base.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

It also has something called Ampre, which functions similarly to chase offers, that is, there are EXTRA bonuses for shopping at specific merchants. With Chase, you need to select each one you'd like to enroll in and theres maybe a dozen or less. With Affinity, it's all automatic and theres HUNDREDS of both online and local merchants that earn ADDITIONAL 3-5% on TOP of what you were already getting. Some restaurants around me (I'm talking local restaurants) earn up to 12% back on the right category months.

This is all for no annual fee.

This sounds great.  But when I go to the website, all I see is 5% on bookstores and Amazon.  Boo.  What am I missing?

https://cloud.connect.affinityfcu.com/cashrewards

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 49 of 50
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

AOD 3% catback. I use that thing for EVERYTHING that isn't covered by a category one of my other cards.

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.