Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Credit Card

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Credit Card

It's hard to choose, but as others hand said, the BBVA ClearPoints card has netted the most cash back of any of our cards because of the excellent targeted offers. We use both mine and DW's regularly, we've earned $589.10 in cash back on the two of them this year. I also hope PNC doesn't mess these up! 

My Synovus Travel Rewards card is another one that I've moved a lot of spend over to because of the rewards. If you redeem the points with the Pay Me Back feature on travel purchases they are worth 1.25 cent per point. This means you can earn 3.75% up to $12K in the 3% Dynamic Earn category and earn 6.25% up to $5000 in the 5% travel category. In all, you can earn up to $762.50 per year in cash back in the 3% and 5% categories if you Max the categories to the caps. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 31 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. I love NFCU

Message 32 of 50
calyx
Super Contributor

My favorite would probably be my BCP - solid earnings, I use the heck out of it, and I get all of those sweet, sweet promos to use.

If it's not that one, then probably the SDFCU Premium Cash+ - same same, I use the heck out of it, it's SIMPLE to use (2%, no gimmicks, no limits), and it has no FTF, so I don't have to worry about whether or not someone is in our out of the country when charging goods (plus, major network, so if/when I get back to travelling, I have it ready to take with me).  Plus, I've been very, very pleased with the customer service - they're just nice.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 33 of 50
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

As a general pupose card, anything 2%

Right now, Sofi Credit Card

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 34 of 50
lizmariposa
New Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

Well,  for me, it's my Navy Federal  More Rewards Amex card.   It moved  me into a prime card with a SL over $5,000.  Navy Federal gave me a SL of $9,700.  That was a wow for me.   And they gave me the lowest APR for the card at 9.65.    I've had the card for two and a half months now and will be receiving  the 25k bonus points since I've met the $3,000 spend required within 90 days.   I think they are only offering 10k bonus points right now for new cardholders.  Lucky me to get it before they changed that offer.

• 3X points at restaurants and on food delivery
  • 3X points at supermarkets
  • 3X points on gas and transit
  • 1X points on everything else.
  • No annual fee
  • No balance transfer fee
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No cash advance fees

Wow, that's really great! Do you have to be Navy to apply for it? 

Message 35 of 50
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@lizmariposa wrote:

@Jannelo wrote:

Well,  for me, it's my Navy Federal  More Rewards Amex card.   It moved  me into a prime card with a SL over $5,000.  Navy Federal gave me a SL of $9,700.  That was a wow for me.   And they gave me the lowest APR for the card at 9.65.    I've had the card for two and a half months now and will be receiving  the 25k bonus points since I've met the $3,000 spend required within 90 days.   I think they are only offering 10k bonus points right now for new cardholders.  Lucky me to get it before they changed that offer.

• No annual fee
  • No cash advance fees

Wow, that's really great! Do you have to be Navy to apply for it? 

@lizmariposa, while Navy Federal CU does require some affiliation related to military service (any branch, not just US Navy) or US government civilians, the field of membership allows family members of the above to also qualify.  And the definition of those family members is pretty broad, including parents, grandparents, children, siblings and more.  And the member whose service qualifies you can even be deceased. 

See this posting about the topic in My Fico.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Why-navy/m-p/6032873#M1723851

You can also learn more at the Navy Federal CU website:

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/eligibility.html

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 36 of 50
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

• No annual fee
  • No cash advance fees

If Chase and AMEX nerfs a lot of the stuff I find valuable this + the Flagship is absolutely the direction I plan to take. MAYBY Citi TY but very like NFCU, I love all of their offerings. 

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 37 of 50
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Amex Blue Cash Preferred. 

6% Groceries.

3% Gas even though I'm better off just paying cash for gas since they usually tax you 15 to 20 cents more to use your credit card. 

My other one is my Chase Freedom Unlimited. 1.5% back on every purchase and 3% at restuarants and drugstores. Not too shabby. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me and everyone is different:

Navy Federal Flagship Rewards Visa 

Navy Federal More Rewards AMEX

Why? Generious CL and the ability to do CLI every 91/3. YMMV

Others I like Discover, and Amex

Message 39 of 50
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

My favorite right now is my Amex Blue Cash Preferred, because its 6% cash back on groceries is awesome. It's not my highest CL card, but definitely my favorite.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.