Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite issuer and why?

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Favorite issuer and why?

If you could only have cards from one issuer, what bank/company would you choose and why?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite issuer and why?

Toss up between chase and bofa. If you can use the chase travel partners which I fly a lot of swa they have a great card family if you want to rack up travel. Bofa is one of the only banks that rewards you for the biz outside of credit card spend you do with them making 5.25% as a platinum honors member

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 2 of 11

Personally, I like AMEX for the "status" haha. If I had to choose I'd probably say Navy Federal due to their generous credit lines. I'm not a fan of chase as they are conservative with me with CLI's citi is the same way. I use USAA Preffered cash rewards though as they are my primary bank. 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday: 4,000 l AMEX Cash Magnet: 2,700 l AMEX Everyday: 1,000 l AMEX Green: NPSL l AMEX Gold: NPSL | Apple Card: 2,500 l Bank of America BankAmericard 3,100 l BECU Cashback:18,500 l Capital One Quicksilver: 1,000 | Capital One Quicksilver(2): 1,000 | Capital One Walmart: 10,000 l Chase Freedom: 2,000 l Chase Sapphire Preferred: 4,000 l Chase Slate: 1,000 l Citi BestBuy: 15,000 l Citi Rewards Plus: 5,570 l Discover it: 16,900 l Discover Gas & Restaurant: 6,000 l DCU Platinum: 700 l FNBO Evergreen: 15,000 l FordPass Rewards: 11,300 l Navy Federal Cash Rewards: 31,500 l Navy Federal More Rewards: 21,500 l Navy Federal Platinum: 27,000 l Overstock: 2,250 l PayPal Credit: 3,100 l PenFed Platinum Rewards: 15,000 l PNC Cash Rewards Visa: 3,900 l PNC Points Visa: 2,800 l PNC Points Visa (2): 1,100 l Renasant Bank: 18,000 l Sams Club Mastercard: 5,000 l Target: 2,200 l USAA Cashback Rewards Plus: 5,000 l USAA Preferred Cash Rewards: 13,000 l USAA Rewards AMEX: 2,000 l Wells Fargo Platinum: 1,000 l Wells Fargo Propel: 7,300
Message 3 of 11
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

BECU because their service is awesome and they are pretty relaxed as far as underwriting. 
I'd have to say FNBO would be my other choice. 

Message 4 of 11

@TattnallTrio wrote:

BECU because their service is awesome and they are pretty relaxed as far as underwriting. 
I'd have to say FNBO would be my other choice. 

Just recently got my first BECU card. I like them as they are generous, but making online payments is harder than it should be. No one warned me. Haha

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday: 4,000 l AMEX Cash Magnet: 2,700 l AMEX Everyday: 1,000 l AMEX Green: NPSL l AMEX Gold: NPSL | Apple Card: 2,500 l Bank of America BankAmericard 3,100 l BECU Cashback:18,500 l Capital One Quicksilver: 1,000 | Capital One Quicksilver(2): 1,000 | Capital One Walmart: 10,000 l Chase Freedom: 2,000 l Chase Sapphire Preferred: 4,000 l Chase Slate: 1,000 l Citi BestBuy: 15,000 l Citi Rewards Plus: 5,570 l Discover it: 16,900 l Discover Gas & Restaurant: 6,000 l DCU Platinum: 700 l FNBO Evergreen: 15,000 l FordPass Rewards: 11,300 l Navy Federal Cash Rewards: 31,500 l Navy Federal More Rewards: 21,500 l Navy Federal Platinum: 27,000 l Overstock: 2,250 l PayPal Credit: 3,100 l PenFed Platinum Rewards: 15,000 l PNC Cash Rewards Visa: 3,900 l PNC Points Visa: 2,800 l PNC Points Visa (2): 1,100 l Renasant Bank: 18,000 l Sams Club Mastercard: 5,000 l Target: 2,200 l USAA Cashback Rewards Plus: 5,000 l USAA Preferred Cash Rewards: 13,000 l USAA Rewards AMEX: 2,000 l Wells Fargo Platinum: 1,000 l Wells Fargo Propel: 7,300
Message 5 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Being I'm a huge fan of 0% promos for both personal and business I'm gonna say Synchrony products give me the most bang for my buck.

No hate!Smiley Tongue ....but Synchrony is my fav.  

I have and enjoy Amex, Cap1, Disco, Citi, Truist, Synch, Comenity, Synovus, Regions, Target, FNBO, USB and whatever else but I (we) have the need that only Synchrony supplies readily for us on a continuum that meets our lifestyle/spend needs.  Amex is #2....all the others are a close 3rd.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

My actual favorite issuer? Amex. Good rewards, good service, and Delta-related perks. They get most of my spend. But limited acceptance would be a pain.

The one bank I'd go with? Maybe BofA or Chase for Preferred Rewards or UR Travel cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 11
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

If you could only have cards from one issuer, what bank/company would you choose and why?

That's a tough one. *scratching my head*

I'm going to go with.... BofA. My reasons are multi-fold and span numerous decades; they include stellar customer service that rose to a new high when I really needed them.

A close second choice would be Amex, again primarily based on stellar customer service; their perks are nice, too, though!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 8 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

My fave: American Express - they have been the longest card issuer I have had - over 29 years.

They take care of their clients on the long term.

Green first, upgraded to Gold, and now Platinum.

Business products are excellent - currently only the Amazon Prime Business Amex w/ $13K SL recently.

Runner-up: Barclays - love their co-branded cards. 

I have 4: Frontier Airlines, View (formerly Apple), Wyndham, Hawaiian Airlines (Business).

Message 9 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

Chase for me. Their programs align with my travel and spend patterns and they're the bank who's been the most generous with limits for me.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.