cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like an oddball using credit still since people in my age group don't use them it seems.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feel like an oddball using credit still since people in my age group don't use them it seems.

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wish WF would give me a Auto CLI already but no luck.

9 months now PIF each statement and often multiple times per month but still nothing. The mulitple payments is starting to piss me off. I'm at a point now with my RedCard CLI that I can let a decent balance with WF report and be at around 30% util with my current spend. 

Hopefully when it comes time to apply for a WF Propel when all my HPs fully drop i'll have a better limit and then can swap limits around on the cards. 

Can't let it annoy me too much as last time I did this i got really badly annoyed and burnt out. 

I'm guessing we are in the same age group, or somewhere within 1-3 years of each. Most of my friends have at least one card, often its an AU or some card their parents made them get. To my knowledge, none of them consciously try to use a CC for most/every purchase to build points/cashback/payment history. It seems they are more just unaware rather than negligent.

That said, it is funny how they view my interest in CCs. They think having six cards is a sign of some unhealthy obsession, but if only they saw some of the collections on here. 

Also, with WF. I'm on month 11 with the Propel and no CLI. I'm patiently waiting for the 1 year anniversy for it, I'll definitely share if it happens. With the RedCard, maybe you'll have a similar experience from mine and others. I started at $300 and they have been handing me CLIs every 6 months or so. 

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.