Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got my 800 cake...

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Finally got my 800 cake...

It's been a long 10 years since my BK discharge in July of 2011.

I had done what I thought was a good job slowly rebuilding for the first few years, until I found the MyFico Forums.  I joined in April of 2015 with scores ranging from 653 to 673.   It took me about 18 months to get to low 720's as I undid some of my bad choices such as too many SCT cards.  I spent the next few years languishing in the 750's until the CRA's started early dropping my BK7.   By March of this year, all three CRA's had dropped the BK7, and my scores have been steadily increasing until today, I finally got the alert from MyFico that *ALL* my scores are now above 800... Transunion was the last holdout.

Now, I imagine I'll be stuck in this zone for a while as I have a mortgage, and auto loan and an RV loan, and while this is a great plateau to be at, I can't wait until my scores are all 820+. 

Thanks for all the questions asked and answered on these forums.  I definitely would not have the available credit that I have today, nor the scores that I have without this place.  I like to try to help our where I can as well, but there are some definitely rock stars here with a hefty knowledge of how to go about rebuilding.  Huge respect!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally got my 800 cake...

Congrats to all your success in the past and moving forward Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It feels great when you hit that milestone!

Message 3 of 5
sixstringcliff
Valued Member

Good job! You're doing great. I can't wait to join you in that club too.

Fico8 as of Aug 4, ‘23

Capital One Platinum $5,600
Apple Card $8,500
NFCU Flagship Rewards (AU) $33,000
NFCU CashRewards (AU) $30,000
Message 4 of 5
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

This is such excellent news. Congratulations on your HUGE milestone! Crossing that 800 threshold is a big, big deal. Good for you for getting there.

Keep doing what you're doing and before you know it, your scores will be in the 820s.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.