Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

First: not sure was in my 20's may have been Amex, but i think it was a Banco Popular Visa or Westernbank Visa

Best: rewards wise probably my Citi DC

Worse: Absolutely Sunglass Hut cc, horrible apr but when you cant even use the credit card on its,own website you know its bad.

Wish: the next NBA cardSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

• First card:  Sears Dept store, would be more than 20 years old if I still had it.
  • Best Card:  Amex Everyday.  Good limit, easy to keep under 10% util.  Fairly big grocery spend.  0% intro rate for 15 months has been nice for bigger spends (car repairs) that I did not PIF by end of period.
  • Worst Card: Capital One GM BuyPower.  Low limit, No CLIs, points are worthless to me as I won't ever get a new GM car.  Will eventually cancel when other accounts age.
  • Wish Card: Gardening for Fidelity Rewards Signature Visa.  Would like to get it next summer when my double cb intro on DiscoverIT ends.
Message 12 of 134
Floyduda
New Contributor

First Card- Wells Fargo Platinum

Best Card- Chase Sapphire Preferred

Worst Card- Wells Fargo Platinum

Wish Card- Alliant Visa Signature

Message 13 of 134
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

First Card: Years ago, on my 18th birthday, I applied for both a Providian Visa and a Clout Visa.....this could date me a bit as neither of these have been around for years. Both cards had a decent credit line, about 7k combined. And, like so many other of my "young and dumb" friends, I defaulted on both. First card after I learned to behave was Cap1 secured. 

Best Card: Probably either my PenFed Power Cash Rewards or NFCU cash rewards card. Not necessarily for their benefits, but for their credit lines and service. 

Worst Card: GM BuyPower card - I got it because I work at a dealership, but the earnings structure is terrible. I keep it.....just because. 

Dream Card: I don't really dream about cards these days, but if the opportunity presented itself in the future, I'd gladly take a CSR. But, I'm not really sure if that will ever happen. See the First Card part - Providian got acquired by Washington Mutual, who later got acquired by Chase, so I don't know that Chase would ever approve me for anything. Granted, at this point, that defaulted card has been closed for at least 12 years now. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 14 of 134
marty56
Super Contributor

I wish I could get the Kiss Visa card.  Back when it was available, me credit was too bad to get one.  The FICO gods are cruel.  Best card was my $500 Sams Club card that got me through my credit dark days. It's CL has grown a bit but I don't use it anymore.  Just Once a year when the membership fee is due.  Worst card was an AE Green card that was closed by them when I nentered DMP even though it wasn't in the program and never late and always PIF.  That is why I will never do business with them again.  Same goes for Wells Fargo for reporting a late payment that realy wasn't and I didn't know enough at the time that I could challange it. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Card: Merrick Bank.  It had a $500 limit and I was 18 and stupid. It ended up getting charged off and haunting me for years.

Best Card: It's a 3 way tie between Citi Double Cash, US Bank Cash+ 365 Amex, Amex BCP.

Worst Card: DISCOVER IT.  They treat me like a second class citizen.  I always paid in full, had to beg for $200 CIL.

Wish Card: It was always the Amex BCP, which I now have.

Message 16 of 134
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

First card was a Capital One Platinum in 2000 with a $300 CL that ended up costing me almost $3,000 after Portfolio Recovery got a hold of it and sued me.

First card as an actual adult is a Chase Freedom, they gave me a card when the only thing on my credit report was a 14 year old auto loan.

Best card is probably the CSP but the DC is close.  Primary rental car insurance wins over price tracker.

Worst card  was the Credit One I had for one year and three days.  Forgot to cancel in time and got hit with the annual fee for a card I literally never used.

Wish card is the CSR, I'm hoping in 2019 to qualify.  

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 17 of 134
minski
Established Contributor

First card: Sears Gold Mastercard (closed)

Best card: Either Blispay (for 2% cash back on top of 0% financing for 6 months although I rarely use it) or US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature (being able to set categories each quarter is great)

Worst card: Best Buy store card. I was expecting the Visa/MC. Paid it off and then closed it. (closed)

Wish card: I'll be boring and say CSR. If I don't go in branch to see if I'm preapproved next year, I'll be under 5/24 July 2019 provided I don't app for more than 1 card from now until then. 

Message 18 of 134
Namaste7
Established Contributor

First: AMEX Optima

Best: PF PCR (2%, no fee, large limit)

[Current] Worst: PPMC 2% (low limit)

[Current] Wish: Blispay

[Future] Wish: Consolidate my wallet to AMEX, Penfed and BofA with complimentary card combinations with each bank (with CLs of 20K+ or NPSL).

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 19 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to play! Loved reading everyone's responses...

First Card: Chase Amazon Prime opened back in July. Never had a credit card and couldn't believe I was approved for 3000!

Best Card: Amex ED. Amex customer service is the best and I have gotten some great deals with this card.

Worst Card: Chase AARP. Not a senior citizen, but applied for 3% CB on dining. Declined, reconsidered, moved $500 from Amazon. Didn't realize I would dislike spending on it since the limit is so low. I should have just taken the hard pull and moved on.

Wish Card: Retail cards! I have read so many people's bad experiences with them. Also, people on here say things like "Once you can get in with them, why would you want to?" about some cards. But I want them all! Macys Amex, Lowes, Kohls, Target, Walmart, Cabella's, Toys R Us....
Message 20 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.