Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

I'll play along! I'll start off by saying that I appreciate my mom beating into me financial responsibility after reading how many of yall defaulted on your first cards when young. I'll be 22 this year, and never missed a payment on any of my accounts. I plan to keep it that way forever.

First card: Discover IT, opened 11/2014 SL $300. Slowly growing, not as fast as id like...now im at $1.3k

Best: Has to go to my AMEX BCE I dont really have any reasoning, I just love it.

Worst: I dont know that I have a worst...If I had to choose id say Chase Slate (I just PC'ed to Freedom) only because the card is over 1 year old, and I havent gotten any luv. Reading here makes me feel better that Chase hates most people, and not just me but hopefully itll start to grow soon.

Want: AMEX charge card. Again, no reason I just want it. Im not sold on the platinum though because of the AF. Maybe the gold.

Overall life goal would be the Centurion...but I never in a million years see myself spending enough money to be offered that card...

Message 31 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love this thread.

First card: Capital One Secured - 99 down and 500 limit. Now graduated and PC'ed to Quicksilver One.

Best Card: I think my favorite card is Discover It. However, I am proud of a lot of my other cards. Amex BCP, Citi DC, BofA CR Amex PRG. All get the most use. 

Worst Card: Capital One Quicksilver One - I just can't stand Capital One any longer and this card has terrible rewards. Its garbage and has litereally 0 benefits from Capital One. 

Wish Card: I dont need another card, but my next app is probably going to be the US Bank Cash+ Visa. 

Message 32 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card - BOA secured (closed)

Best card - Amex Blue

Worst card - Credit one (closed), Chase freedom ($500 limit never grow)

Wish card - don't have one.

Message 33 of 134
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

First: BOFA secured (graduated, still have as a Cash Rewards)

Best: CSR

Worst: Orchard Bank (if you remember them, bought out by Cap One in the post crisis consolidation)

Wish: I honestly have no idea these days Smiley Happy.

        
Message 34 of 134
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

First:  New Era Bank Visa (secured), a loooong time ago.

Best:  Merrill+

Worst:  Capital One 

Wish?  CCU Visa Sig Cash Rewards (one of these days)

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 35 of 134
iced
Valued Contributor

First: Don't remember, but it would have been back in the 90s.

Best: Chase Sapphire Reserve. I routinely get 6-9cpm value on airline transfers and a bulk of my monthly spend is on dining/travel categories. I'm not going to beat 18-27% return with any other card out there.

Worst: Capital One. It's beyond me why anyone likes their cards.

Wish: Nothing. I have started using Delta as my backup airline though, so maybe in the next year or two I'll grab something with a Skyclub membership.

Message 36 of 134
acciofirebolt
Contributor

First card: Wells Fargo Platnium

Best: I say a mix between Cap1 Quicksilver, BOA Cash Rewards (I use the deals a lot), Amex BCE, and Marvel

Worse: Probably Chase Freedom (because of of the low limit) and the local bank card that I got as a favor for a relative who worke there which is backed by FNBO.

Wishlist: CSP, Alaska VS, Amex Plat, Venture

Message 37 of 134
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

First - Montgomery Wards, department store 1997. I don't think they exist anymore. 

Best - Discover It or Blispay, for different reasons

Worse - Synchrony Discount Tire Card, can't get a CLI (**bleep** FINGERHUT gave me a CLI for crying out loud!)

Wish list - Chase Freedom, for the rotating categories

Riding my Unicorn - CSP, as I don't travel enough to warrant the CSR

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 38 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First:  Discover It student cc

Bese: Barclay Uber, awesome rewards for a card w/ 0 annual fee

Worst: CSP, 2% on travel and dinning w/ $100ish annual fee, which is less than what Uber offered(4% dinning, 3%travelling)

Wish: AMEX Platinum, lounge access and travel credits look great!

Message 39 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRST - Capital One Journey ----> Capital One Quicksilver.

BEST - Amex BCE. Amex offers, great customer service, and back-to-back 3x CLIs.

WORST - Capital One Quicksilver. CapOne just is awful about CLIs. Otherwise, the 1.5% cb on everything comes in handy.

WISH - Chase Sapphire Preferred. Hopefully will apply in 2018 sometime. 50k sign-up bonus, primary rental insurance, UR rewards & Chase transfer partners. Ultimately will lead to a CSR.

Message 40 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.