Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

This is fun!! 

First Card - in 2005, I was 18 and got a Capital One Platinum with a $500 limit and never paid a dime back. Young and stupid. 

First Card as a true adult in the beginning of 2016 I got a secured Capital One card $99 for $200 SL

Best Card - Chase Freedom for the 5% revolving categories.

Worst Card - Merrick, no rewards just plain card that I never even use, probably the Final Visa because they are closing and its my highest limit card! Smiley Sad

Wish cards - CSR, Chase Amazon, PenFed 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 41 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Card - 2008 - $600 Secured Card with Washington Mutual. When Chase purchased WaMu, they closed my card right away. I had it for like 10mths. First unsecured card was my Discover Student More card in 2009.

Best Card - I've been using the Paypal 2% Cashback card a lot recently.

Worst Card - Either between the Forward or the Zync since they're not useful anymore.

Wish Card - US Bank Cash+ for being able to choose your catergories.

Message 42 of 134
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First Card - 2008 - $600 Secured Card with Washington Mutual. When Chase purchased WaMu, they closed my card right away. I had it for like 10mths. First unsecured card was my Discover Student More card in 2009.

Best Card - I've been using the Paypal 2% Cashback card a lot recently.

Worst Card - Either between the Forward or the Zync since they're not useful anymore.

Wish Card - US Bank Cash+ for being able to choose your catergories.

That reminded me, I should have included Forward in my list of Best Cards at the Time.    Tne Forward, giving uncapped 5x on dining, bookstores (Amazon) etc was the most painful non-MS-related nerf.  Sallie Mae being a distant but still annoying second!

Message 43 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thread. First: VS store card, still use it quite a bit, the rewards are better than any of my other store cards. Best: PenFed for the limit but Disco gets me the best rewards for my use (still in my first year) Worst: Barclay Apple, it’s on the chopping block, rewards are pretty lousy, only really good for 0% but I don’t need any Apple products. Wish: Venture or CSP, I’d like to travel when my last child leaves home.
Message 44 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First: Capital One Journey
Best: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Worst: Capital One Journey
Wish: Chase Sapphire Reserve
Message 45 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Card; Sears Department Store

My best card; Barclay Urpomise (always an offer for APR reduction and my last cli was for 3K)

Worst Card; Capital One Venture,  2nd Freedom unlimited (no cli with bk on record)

Dream Card; Not Sure!  I really want to grow the cards I have and reduce cards from 11 to 5 to 7.

Message 46 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny how a good many of you all hate my best card XD

But its okay.  Good ideas up in here for people looking to research.

Message 47 of 134
galahad15
Valued Contributor

First card in my collection:  Discover card around 1997 or so...

Best card in my collection:  BEFCU Platinum Plus VISA at 5.49% F, rewards program included

Wish cards:  These are actually closed cards that I had in the past, but if I could, I would wish to be able to reopen them:  (1) Citi DPR at 5.99% F; and (2) Direct Merchants Bank MC, which had a 90-day grace period on all purchases allowing the ability to carry a balance within  each individual grace period and pay no interest at the same time.

Message 48 of 134
Poppa
Established Contributor

@ 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 49 of 134
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Back when it was first released it was uncapped rewards but due to a lot of "questionable" purchases like GC abuse they released the current cap of $6k in 2012-2013 I think.

Message 50 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.