Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

First card, and best card can be read about here.....https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Very-funny-true-story-saved-by-credit-card/m-p/4748885...

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 121 of 134
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

I'll join in on the fun: 

First card: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Siggy. Got lucky with this one due to a long standing relationship with USB, plus 2 years of on time student loan payments at time of application. Started at 5k and have received 1 auto CL to 7.5k. 

Worst card: Barclays Apple Rewards. Applied for the financing option, but then ended up not going through with the purchase. Aside from a few ITunes movie rentals a month, no use for it at all.

Best card: Would have to say it's the USB Cash+, but for the sake of listing a different card for each category, I'll also mention that I've enjoyed the PayPal 2% MC. I use PayPal and ebay a fair amount, so it comes in handy.

Message 122 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card- Discover secured card
Best card- Chase Sapphire Reserve
Worst card- Capital One Quicksilver One...cancled it after a year they would not raise my limit over 1,500 and had an annual fee of $39
Message 123 of 134
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

First: Amex
Best: Amex
Worst: Chase as it lacks growth
Wish: None

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 124 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to Bank Of America my credit score hit 850. I been jumping around 817 to 834.
Best - Chase Sapphire Resever
Worst - American Express- to restrictive I only owned the platinum.
Wish - none
I like to lower the amount of open credit cards I currently have which is 9 to 6.
Message 125 of 134
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

Alright so here I go,
First Card: Bank of America Signature Card
It was okay. It did help me start on my credit file. Thank you BofA.

Best Card: Chase freedom
So far that is the only card I have in good standing. All others are in collections. Lol not funny but it’s truth.

Worst Card: Sony card
Only reason I had it coz it looked attractive. Lol I closed in few months. It was with very low limit $500 and you can only redeem towards some Sony product purchase.

Wish card: AMEX Cash
I wish I cloud had it coz it’s looks so neat and has best of all cash back offers. 👍
Date 07/01/2018

Message 126 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! I'll give it a go, this should be good:

1. My very first card was a wimpy OpenSky secured card from Capital Bank with a $200 limit. Opened it back in 2015. I was really eager to get into the cashback card world, but had zero credit, so this card was a really good starter. Had it for about 9 months before they refunded my deposit and upped the limit to $300 (WOW!! lol). Cancelled before the $40 annual fee hit, although the company was very good to me.

2. My best current card (IMO) is the Uber Visa from Barclay. This card has a pretty solid benefit list and suits my spending habits pretty well. The 4% cashback on restaurants and UberEats (I use UE ALOT) adds up fast, and the 3% travel + 2% online shopping isn't bad at all. The $50 digital subscription credit for $5000 annual spending is also low-hanging fruit. Only complaint is the lack of intro APR, but I pay in full anyway.

3. My worst card is from the bank I've been loyal to since my high school days: TCF. Oh boy, don't get me started. TCF has been very good to me, but this card (initially a secured card for $300, and actually my second card, also in 2015) is so bad. It graduated to an unsecured line with the SAME limit shortly after. No rewards, no benefits, just a plain jane high APR card. Fast forward been almost three years, all my cards have $3k-$6k limits (except for the US Bank Cash+ I just applied for *rolls eyes*), and this one is STILL holding out. It's issued by FirstBankcard, so I'll cut TCF some slack. 

4. My wish card, HMMMMM, that's a tough one. I'd have to say Freedom Unlimited. Just to combine with my regular Freedom's Ultimate Rewards!

Message 127 of 134
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Worst card - 

The one that sells my purchase history or personal information data to the most "affiliates" Smiley Mad

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 128 of 134
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First card:  Gordon's Jewelry back in 1988 and I was NOT 18 yet, about 3 months shy of it, so I don't know how they even approved that. But it was my first and I loved being all adult with credit, knew NOTHING about managing credit at all and royally screwed things up about 2 years and 8-10 cards later.  But my first purchase on that Gordon's card I was so proud of getting was a pair of 1/8th ct diamond stud earrings. They cost $99.00 and I still have them, 30 years later.

Best card: Discover It that I just got a few months ago, after 8 years of nothing reporting but student loans and an autoloan, due to credit screw up #3 (hopefully the 3rd time is the charm, I'm getting too old for this rebuilding thing every decade or so--doing well so far, AZEO, utilization below 9% and PIF as soon as the statement cuts each month).

Worst card: I'm not sure, but I think it was a Credit One that had an annual fee charged in monthly installments, a fee for this, a fee for that, if you opened the envelope from the front instead of the back, I think there was a fee for that too.  

Wish card: I would like a simple Chase Freedom Visa. Just because I now have a Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Amex BCE, but no Visa (other than my work BOA Visa which really isn't MINE) ...once I get that one (they just denied me a couple of days ago) I'm done. I'm a small time player with a small time salary and a simple life. 4 cards are enough for me, then it is retirment to the garden forever! Smiley Happy 

This gave me my laugh for the day!  Had coworkers thinking that I lost my mind!!  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 129 of 134
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

First

U.S. Bank College Visa

Best

Chase Sapphire Reserve - This card has obsoleted many of my other cards because of the Ultimate Rewards "50% more value" benefit.

Worst

Providian Platinum Visa - High interest rate and the CL never increased past $500.

Wish

I don't have any cards on my wishlist. I've thought about the American Express Platinum card, but I don't travel enough to make it worthwhile. The CSR is all I need for now.

Message 130 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.