Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day back to school!!

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

First day back to school!!

It's almost 6:00 a.m. here in the deep south and I just had the pleasure of seeing DD (14, first day of high school) get up and head to the shower after almost 3 months of sleeping until 1:00 pm.  I LOVE IT!  Next comes 9 year old DD, and she is NOT a happy camper in the morning.  She doesn't get up until 6:45, ('cause she doesn't care what she looks like yet).  I work 5pm-5am at hospital lab and usually am ready to drop by this time, but I'm actually kinda enjoying this this morning.  Yesterday was DD's b-day, hard to belive this time next year she will be getting her driving permit. 
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Re: First day back to school!!

Yesterday was the first day back to school for S12 and S17.  S12 is in junior high this year so he and S17 get to ride the bus together and I don't have to drop him off or pick him up at child care ANY MORE FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!

Yep!  It's a good day! Schedules are finally returning to normal.  I LOVE it!
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 2 of 11
brownee
Frequent Contributor

DD goes back to school on Monday here in Nashville. I can't wait. We got uniforms last weekend and all of the school supplies and she's all set. This is her last year at this school (it only goes up to 4th grade), so she is already a little sad about that.

7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 3 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Ah, those were the days  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are on a year round schedule so the kids went back three weeks ago. They go to school for three months then they are off for four weeks. After the last semester they get five weeks. it still averages out to 180 days, but I wish we were a traditional school.

Isn't great to be back to school!
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Once my daughters got older, we always had soccer practice for 3 weeks before classes started, so we sort of oozed into it.

A few winters ago, I knew that I was officially an old poop when I found myself saying, "Please don't let them close the schools for snow..." Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

We have been doing softball practice for a few weeks now.  Just got back from after hours clinic for sports physical for softball and basketball.  I think its going to be a busy year.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy  working in Iraq so no back to school drama for me
Smiley Sad  working in Iraq so no back to school drama for me    
DD 5th
DS 8th
School still 2 weeks away for them.
Message 8 of 11
brownee
Frequent Contributor

My DH just got back from Iraq for the 4th time in May! This will be his first time being home for back to school EVER! He's normally gone for that and Christmas every year! :-(
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 9 of 11
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

First day back to school here... As many of you know, I ride a bicycle as my mode of transportation.

At first, I was nervous about the increased traffic, but everything turned out great, and I actually make better time than the cars!!!
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.