Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For LAUGHs, I estimated when I will be UNDER 5/24 🤣

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

For LAUGHs, I estimated when I will be UNDER 5/24 🤣

Just ran the #s to see when I will be 4/24 so I can get my CHASE Freedom Flex without the benefit of a Black Star or a pre-qualified mailer.....

Ready for this - as of 9-4-20 I wont be 4/24 until 597 days! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Dude, that is a LONG wait Smiley LOL

Who out there can beat me on that...there has to be someone?

(Side note: You know *darn* well I am NEVER going to make FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN straight days without applying for something Smiley LOLSmiley LOL)

Hey CHASE, send that mailer! Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: For LAUGHs, I estimated when I will be UNDER 5/24 🤣

(This seems like it would've been fine for the Credit Cards forum)

I thought I understood the 5/24 but apperantly not based on what you're saying.

I thought it worked like:

In the past 24 months do you have less than 5 new accounts? (Yes/No)

But you're saying it factors in stuff older than 24 months? How does that work?! This is pretty crazy.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

But you're saying it factors in stuff older than 24 months? How does that work?! This is pretty crazy.

OP has five new accounts in roughly the last 4 months.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 14
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

It's Friday, forgive me. My brain did a dumb. I for some reason thought the amount of days posted was more than 2 years.

I believe in you OP, you can hold off for 2 years!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 14
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

It's Friday, forgive me. My brain did a dumb. I for some reason thought the amount of days posted was more than 2 years.

I believe in you OP, you can hold off for 2 years!

Thanks @SecretAzure Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 405 days myself. 

I have 143 days since my last app... 

One thing working in my favor is that my habit of getting cards in sprees means I'll actually be able to add 3 cards between now and then without setting my date back. 

Another thing working in my favor is a distinct lack of interest in most cards right now. 

Message 6 of 14
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 405 days myself. 

One thing working in my favor is that my habit of getting cards in sprees means I'll actually be able to add 3 cards between now and then without setting my date back. 

Another thing working in my favor is a distinct lack of interest in most cards right now. 

I have not been posting in awhile, congrats on your BK falling off dude! And just to rub salt in the wound i have reached the almighty ZERO for 24 as my last app was for my student loan on my birthday (09/4) of last year! Though i wanna app for something real bad lol. Just gotta convince the GF its a good idea

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 7 of 14
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Going forward, I plan to app at most once every 6 months to stay constantly stay at 4/24, so that I only will have to wait a maximum of 180 days between apps if I would snag something off schedule. I doubt I'll get a new card every 6 months, though.

Message 8 of 14
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

>>Another thing working in my favor is a distinct lack of interest in most cards right now. 

I hear that. Anything that is "reachable" for me (CHASE and US Bank not reachable) is not interesting because in a round about way I already have it in some form on another card.

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrigley2172 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 405 days myself. 

I have not been posting in awhile, congrats on your BK falling off dude! And just to rub salt in the wound i have reached the almighty ZERO for 24 as my last app was for my student loan on my birthday (09/4) of last year! Though i wanna app for something real bad lol. Just gotta convince the GF its a good idea

Happy belated birthday man and thanks! I am happy to put the BK behind me Smiley Happy

0/24... I doubt I'll ever get to that point 😂 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.