Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For some reason I have the itch

tag
twall06
Frequent Contributor

For some reason I have the itch

Idk whats is going on today I have a sudden urge to app. I have not acted on it and pretty sure I can resist keeping my larger goal in mind. It is just driving me nuts tried all the pre qual sites nothing I was interested in came  up until I tried chase and was pre qualified for the freedom. I really want it so I could close my merrick secured only has a 250 limit . But at the same time if I close it I will only have two CCs open both with Cap1. I have not apped since Aug and # of inquires is low on all three reports only one in the last year . Talk me out of it not sure I would get approved anyways.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For some reason I have the itch

Better to post this in the Garden thread if you're looking for support to not apply, since if I had a pre-approval for a card I wanted from Chase, I'd be all over it if I wasn't saving my report (and inquiry count) for something else like a mortgage or maybe auto loan where putting as much lipstick as possible on the pig actually matters.

Heh, strangely enough that's exactly what I did this month come to think of it.

        
Message 2 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I am going tto try for a mortgage at some point this year. I am just worried I will get denied the card even though I have a pre approval online I learned the hard way before about them not meaning you will be approved.

I was going to post in the garden thread but things get lost in it starting to wish it had its own section.

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@twall06 wrote:

I am going tto try for a mortgage at some point this year. I am just worried I will get denied the card even though I have a pre approval online I learned the hard way before about them not meaning you will be approved.

I was going to post in the garden thread but things get lost in it starting to wish it had its own section.

I thought Chase preapproval was pretty solid?  

Anyway if you're within a year of a mortgage, simple fact is mortgage >>>>> any credit card, so focus on that: sit on your hands until it closes, the card will always be there later.  This is doubly true since you're in between the tiers on your current scores... the higher you can get, might save you non-trivial points on your interest rate, and given that interest rates might go up (probably will) at some point, any points you can get it down now, might be the best mortgage we'll see in our lifetime.

A credit card is *nothing* compared to that.

        
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@twall06 wrote:

Idk whats is going on today I have a sudden urge to app. I have not acted on it and pretty sure I can resist keeping my larger goal in mind. It is just driving me nuts tried all the pre qual sites nothing I was interested in came  up until I tried chase and was pre qualified for the freedom. I really want it so I could close my merrick secured only has a 250 limit . But at the same time if I close it I will only have two CCs open both with Cap1. I have not apped since Aug and # of inquires is low on all three reports only one in the last year . Talk me out of it not sure I would get approved anyways.

Pull over 

I bet you better get back to the GC before I call the guards out (ERT)...Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone it was just a slow day at work was bored and started checking the sites lol . I think will probably be busy enough not to think about it again .
Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@twall06 wrote:
Thanks everyone it was just a slow day at work was bored and started checking the sites lol . I think will probably be busy enough not to think about it again .

Good! Didn't want to bring out the cuffs! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.