Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

Bleh, I'm not looking forward to climbing on the scales tomorrow. This has been an awful week at work, and I've been too pooped out to cook properly when I get home.

For those new to the thread and want to join in, post how much you'd like to lose (or heck, how much you'd like to gain) and why, and then each Friday update with your progress.

So I started out with:

+ 25 (25 pounds above goal)

because I want to lose weight before a knee replacement

I'm hoping that tomorrow I get to post a loss! Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 84
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I want to wish everyone good luck in acheiving their weight loss goal!!  I know how difficult it is to drop those unwanted pounds.  I was a yo-yo dieter for 20 years and finally decided I had to take the bull by the horns and get the weight off when I could no longer go up and down the stairs at the house without having to stop at the landing to catch my breath. 

I lost 102 pounds in 10 1/2 months and feel soooooo much better and no longer have to take blood pressure meds and have been able to eliminate/reduce the meds that I took for both my COPD and Lupus.  I'll be checking back on this thread for progress reports and to give everyone much deserved WOOO HOOO's for their accomplishments.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

100 pounds in 10 months! Smiley Surprised Wow!!!

Didn't have time to post earlier:

+ 23.6. (from + 25)

I was on track for better than that, but too much stress eating the last few days. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 84
AllPro
Contributor

+ 30 ..LoL There is way to much good food in my house. Theres always next Friday  !

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 84
MattH
Senior Contributor

I'm not gonna post numbers, suffice it to say I weigh somewhat more than I would prefer but less than I weighed six months ago. In some ways the fit of clothing can be a better indicator of fitness than is weight: adding good weight in the form of muscle mass will make the scale number go up without enlarging the waistline, while it is possible to lose muscle and gain fat without changing total weight.

If you are interested in risk-scoring systems, which you probably are if you are reading this, you should google Framingham Risk Score. The Framingham Risk Score is a scoring model used by physicians and medical reasearchers to estimate a person's risk of heart disease.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 15 of 84
Booner72
Senior Contributor

+ 22.22222

But I also agree that the fit and size of clothes is a much better indicator, at least for me.  When I work out regularly and hard core, I'm happy with how I look and feel, but the scale is always too high.  I'm tall and carry a lot of weight.  But I've always wanted to get to that goal weight....so I'm going to track it.

Good luck this week, everyone!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 16 of 84
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Current:  +22.

That means I've only lost .2222 pounds in an entire week of NO DAIRY, NO WHEAT, and avoiding as much gluten as I can.  Serious bummer.  I'm trying to fight a bad skin condition by changing my diet.  It's hard.  I feel so weird.  But if I do eat something w/ the above items, I instantly start itching and scratching and my skin turns red.

ETA:  Where is everyone else?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 17 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Booner72 wrote:

Current:  +22.

That means I've only lost .2222 pounds in an entire week of NO DAIRY, NO WHEAT, and avoiding as much gluten as I can.  Serious bummer.  I'm trying to fight a bad skin condition by changing my diet.  It's hard.  I feel so weird.  But if I do eat something w/ the above items, I instantly start itching and scratching and my skin turns red.

ETA:  Where is everyone else?

lol, I gave up. I figured everyone had bailed. Smiley Very Happy

I'm +24, courtesy of a week and a half of stress eating during a massive software meltdown. Smiley Sad (Don't know how long I can keep that excuse going, though. I'm back in salad land. Smiley Tongue)

Message 18 of 84
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Never give up!

I just hadn't bought a scale and I backslid. Smiley Sad   Though I can say with a pinch of guilt that the Tiramisu was delicious. I do have a new goal though. Our 20th has been set for July.

Message 19 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@llecs wrote:

Never give up!

I just hadn't bought a scale and I backslid. Smiley Sad   Though I can say with a pinch of guilt that the Tiramisu was delicious. I do have a new goal though. Our 20th has been set for July.

Ah, there's nothing quite like a high school reunion to put the fear of God into you!

Or a kid's wedding with all the former in-laws. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.