Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Friday weigh-in: the other FICO fitness thread

+18 - steadily decreasing by giving up the wheat, dairy, and gluten.  Oh yeah, I also gave up the cigs except the first one in the a.m.  I read that proriasis was the "Smoker's Disease" and that turned me off and made me sick.  Easy to put them down this time! 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 31 of 84
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Was 186 about 2.5 wks ago.

Was trying to get down to 170 again before my next cruise this coming weekend.

Gahhh! It kills me how guys can drop weight so fast. Smiley Sad

But big congrats on the loss, and I hope your cruise is wonderful.

The cruise was wonderful, and I became engaged as well =)

I did manage to get down to 172.1 just before getting on the boat.  I didn't watch what I was eating, but I didn't eat for the sake of eating either.  I did manage to work outs over the course of the week and put on 6lbs.  I've managed to get back down to 171 2 nights ago, but last night weighed in at 175.  So I can swing 3-4lbs +/- any given day.  Insane.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 32 of 84
FrugalRican
Blogger

Yep, men can easily lose about 8 pounds in a month, even without truly working out. It's crazy how testosterone can really swing things in our favor.

And congrats on the engagement.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 33 of 84
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

I'll bite as this is already my other goal in progress.  I have been rebuilding myself, personally and professionally.  I started my weight loss in late august and am down 65lbs.  I have another 57.5 to go in order to make my goal.  Wish me luck.!  Maybe I could add those lost pounds to my skinny FICO??? 

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 34 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

I'll bite as this is already my other goal in progress.  I have been rebuilding myself, personally and professionally.  I started my weight loss in late august and am down 65lbs.  I have another 57.5 to go in order to make my goal.  Wish me luck.!  Maybe I could add those lost pounds to my skinny FICO??? 

Wonderful!

And what a terrific idea --transferring pounds to points. Hmmmm...  

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 84
Booner72
Senior Contributor

+12.2

Holy Moly, guys - that's 10 down in just over a month.  If you wanna lose some weight, give up the dairy & the gluten & the wheat!!

(Not exercising- which isn't good - but still losing.  Hopefully will get back into things next week in that regard).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 36 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

Yep, men can easily lose about 8 pounds in a month, even without truly working out. It's crazy how testosterone can really swing things in our favor.

And congrats on the engagement.

And this is why I am so envious of men.  That and being able to use the restroom almost anywhere if dropped off in the wilderness.  Weird thing is, the better control I have of my finances, the skinner I am getting.  By the time I had paid off my last two CC debts last month, I dropped 25 pounds from last December.  Crazy how money stress makes you eat!

Message 37 of 84
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i have a serious problem with plaque buildup, so i have been a low glycemic diet. i have lost about 15 pounds so far. but i don't care about losing weight. i am concerned about removing plaque from my coronary and carotid arteries. i cant afford to get a coronary angioplasty or a carotid atherectomy, so i am doing what i can to avoid stroke or heart attack. i would gladly suddenly inherit 200 pounds of fat if it meant i could have a COMPLETLY CLEAR cardiovascular system.

i have been consuming primarily soy milk, low sodium gia russa pasta sauce and spagetti squash.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 38 of 84
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@scottwagnon wrote:

i have a serious problem with plaque buildup, so i have been a low glycemic diet. i have lost about 15 pounds so far. but i don't care about losing weight. i am concerned about removing plaque from my coronary and carotid arteries. i cant afford to get a coronary angioplasty or a carotid atherectomy, so i am doing what i can to avoid stroke or heart attack. i would gladly suddenly inherit 200 pounds of fat if it meant i could have a COMPLETLY CLEAR cardiovascular system.

i have been consuming primarily soy milk, low sodium gia russa pasta sauce and spagetti squash.

How did you find out that this is an issue for you? Is it a family history, or have you already had problems? (Sorry to sound so nosy; you just seem awfully young to be symptomatic.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 84
casmith1980
Established Contributor

this looks like a thread I would enjoy Smiley Happy

+20 - spent my younger wilder days super thin....and thanks to poor eating habits and a husband that requires sweets in the house, I have gained 20lbs and am miserable about it.  My biggest goal is to cut out the soda.  I think I could easily drop 5-7 lbs in a couple months if I did that but I need to find a replacement I'm willing to stick with.

Also, I'm hoping to join the little gym near my house this weekend...got rear ended in December and I'm not "supposed" to work out, but I can't tolerate how little energy I have lately.  I'll stick with the  eliptical if that's what will make the dr happy Smiley Wink  since I'm posting this late in the week, I probably won't post results tomorrow lol

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.