Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny Collection or Telemarketer Stories

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Funny Collection or Telemarketer Stories

Dont have any stories to tell, but i just wanted to wake this thread up again! Take it away guys and girls!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 51 of 57
swpopham
Established Contributor

my turn!! BUMP!!

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 52 of 57
variableResistor
Valued Member

Message 53 of 57
drkaje
Senior Contributor

One offshore company would not stop calling, despite being asked for over 2 years. Found their business number. Smiley Happy Called and promised to tie up their line talking about stupid stuff, like feelings, every time one of their reps called. It's been two months or more. Maybe they really can take my name out of the database, LOL!

They do, however, persist in the annoying habit of sending e-mails with links explaining my order is ready. I got bored with responding "Leave me alone" and included a very adult entertainment link last time.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 54 of 57
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@variableResistor wrote:

Found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbtiq2YfivE&feature=related

This is a good one but there's also one here with a funny old lady just screaming at the guy to "SHUT UP" and it is so funny.  I just lost over an hour of time.  Smiley Happy

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 55 of 57
marty56
Super Contributor

Not so funny story with a happy ending but DW got a call yesterday from 508-475-1349 who left a message saying something about a loan approval and plese call.  The call upset her a lot.  We also got several calls from some agency looking for Paul.  They were able to change their caller ID each time (I though that was illegal) so blocking it was not an option. 

I blocked all calls on my number except those I wanted to call me as a temporary solution.  My permanent solution is to get a 2nd line and keep the compromized number for online and banking.  The number won't ring or go to voicemail but I since it is VOIP, I can see who is calling using the online call logs.  I routed the 508-475-1349 to another telemarketer and I wish I gould route that one to the 508-475-1349 so they call each other.  I am only allowed one froarding number so I can;t do that.

I wish I had my own PBX so I could route all junk calls to each other.  I may decide to routue them to a fax machine that calls me from time to time by mistake as well.

I also dumped Verizon since they own the 508-475-1349 number and would not do anything about it.  

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 56 of 57
FrugalRican
Blogger

My best friend refuses to opt out or to place himself on a "Do Not Call" List... because he has so much fun with telemarketers.

I was hanging out with him once and he got a call.

He went into this whole Buffalo Bill routine where he was nice and polite to the telemarketer, but then flip out...

Him: Hello?

TM: Hi, I'm with blah blah.

Him: OH, hello ma'am! How are you today? I am just wonderful. One second...

Muffled: It puts the lotion on its skin!!!

TM: Is this a bad time?

Him: Oh heavens no, I'm absolutely NOT busy at all. Please tell me what you are... wait a sec...

Muffled: ON THE SKIN! IT DOES WHAT ITS TOLD

*CLICK*

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.