Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny Credit One Card Story

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Funny Credit One Card Story

Okay, so I should have done this long ago, esp since it was such a low limit card and was actually hurting me at this point. I just hadn't. I called today to Close my Credit One "Platinum" lol card that was a starter years ago when I had to rebuild. Only had a CL of $500 where it started and remained to today because 1. I never used it and 2. no way I was "paying" for a CLI especially on such a card held by such lender, even if they did help me rebuild my credit.

Anyway I knew from calling a year or so ago and complaining about the AF and threatening back then to close it and they instead removed that the AF if I wouldn't close. So I knew I was in for a time as they don't like good card holders to leave. Well I call give them the card number and tell them I want to close the account. All of a sudden the gentleman from the other side of the globe I was talking to couldn't repeat the card number correctly. He kept changing the thrid set of 4 digits each time I correct him. Then he just cut me off and hung up. No way he was closing the account Smiley LOL  I call back and here's where it's funny. It's CLEARLY the same gentlemen (Mod cut - @bigseegar, these types of acomments are not permitted per the myFICO Forums TOS -- please be mindful of that)  Anyway after another 10 mins I finally got the card closed. Bet if I had been late on payments or maxed out the card I wouldn't have had as hard a time closing it. LOL

Next up will be closing a 3 year old Surge Mastercard with a $2K limit. Wish me well. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Funny Credit One Card Story

Message 2 of 3
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Funny Credit One Card Story

@bigseegar wrote:

Okay, so I should have done this long ago, esp since it was such a low limit card and was actually hurting me at this point. I just hadn't. I called today to Close my Credit One "Platinum" lol card that was a starter years ago when I had to rebuild. Only had a CL of $500 where it started and remained to today because 1. I never used it and 2. no way I was "paying" for a CLI especially on such a card held by such lender, even if they did help me rebuild my credit.

Anyway I knew from calling a year or so ago and complaining about the AF and threatening back then to close it and they instead removed that the AF if I wouldn't close. So I knew I was in for a time as they don't like good card holders to leave. Well I call give them the card number and tell them I want to close the account. All of a sudden the gentleman from the other side of the globe I was talking to couldn't repeat the card number correctly. He kept changing the thrid set of 4 digits each time I correct him. Then he just cut me off and hung up. No way he was closing the account Smiley LOL  I call back and here's where it's funny. It's CLEARLY the same gentlemen (Mod cut - @bigseegar, these types of acomments are not permitted per the myFICO Forums TOS -- please be mindful of that)  Anyway after another 10 mins I finally got the card closed. Bet if I had been late on payments or maxed out the card I wouldn't have had as hard a time closing it. LOL

Next up will be closing a 3 year old Surge Mastercard with a $2K limit. Wish me well. 

Wow, I was very respectful in how I phrased it and only making the point that I was not speaking with a local CS agent but it was clearly the same person. Sorry.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.