Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLAD TO KNOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GLAD TO KNOW

I adopted my cat from a veterinarian office....the vet pulled a litter of kittens out of a dumpster behind her office. And as of friday we have a new puppy that we adopted from a free ad. The house was very gross and I told dh we could not leave that puppy in such a nasty environment. Our son has been working on us for about a year for a dog, guess he won! LOL!
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 of my 9 cats came from official shelters/foster homes; the other 7 would have wound up in a shelter (except for my long-hair, who would simply have been dead, or one of the calicos, who would have been run over or died of exposure) if I hadn't taken them first.  The long-hair was left in a hot car, with the window barely cracked, in front of my roommate's sister's apartment.  She saw the suffering kitten, and was able to worm her hand through the crack (she's double-jointed), unlock the door, and get the poor little thing out.  She told the complex manager, who confirmed that it was a resident's car, and they posted signs, but they never claimed the cat.  Just as well!

The calico bounced toward me in a parking lot one frigid morning- little bitty thing, maybe 6-8 weeks old- filthy, flea-ridden, and generally pitiful-adorable.  She was so grateful that she was still affectionate toward me even after a bath!

-MsMS
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you guys.  BTW ASPCA has  a Chase card and they donate 75.00 to the ASPCA wheever someone gets a card.  I WANT ONE.
Message 13 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

All of my pets since I was a child are from the SPCA, shelter, or just the little stray who always seems to find me. Smiley Happy
I think somehow these animals know you have saved them and they have always been the best pets. My corgie-jack russell mix is my latest addition and she is the biggest baby there ever was. Cute as a button but she has HUGE ears that make her dorky cute.
Message 14 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I love animals, especially dogs, fish (some say they are not animals) and birds.
Message 15 of 21
marty56
Super Contributor

I am PETA guy
People who Enjoy Tasty Animals.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 21
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

There's some kind of a neon sign that is only visible to cats out front. 

It must say something like...."This is a very, very fine house if you are a.....

lonely
hungry
tired
injured
sick
deaf
flea-bitten
bleeding

and/or

pregnant."

Our two indoor cats are both rescues.  The two we lost in the last year (one to cancer, the other to old age at 21 years old) were both rescues.  DD and I actively avoid going into shelters because for now, two IS enough.

There are a minimum of four "wannabe" cats outside.  They really, really wannabe our cats.  They hang out at the front door, wooing the little girl all day.  They sing outside for her at night.  I'll admit to just having laid in mothballs around the entryway to discourage the marking of the house.  It's so bad that I can not put the screen on the storm door or they'd break it down. 

The "little" girl (Mosley) is four pounds of love and is fixed but clearly they don't know that.  Some mornings when I leave for work one or two are sunning themselves on the hood of my car.  It's getting maybe a little out of hand.

What most shelters really need is money.  We contribute our change to the shelter and take newspapers and bags there once a month.  DD would volunteer, but she won't be old enough for another year. 

atlast....

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 07-30-2008 07:38 AM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's some kind of a neon sign that is only visible to cats out front....

Smiley Very Happy

I say that my first shelter baby put a pawprint on my forehead that says:

SUCKER

Look cute and/or pitiful enough, and she'll make sure you never go hungry again.

-MsMS

Message 18 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Remember that tramp sign that meant "Kind lady lives here?" We seem to have one on our property, except that it is visible to cats. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Funny Marty!!!!!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.