Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for the hurricane!!

tag
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting ready for the hurricane!!

JG, my friend's wife and children are with him in Houston.  It's his wife's sister that works at the hospital there.  Its very possible that you know her.

I just spoke with my dad.  He says the power is out, but he has a generator.  It's been raining all night and it's windy right now.  He says there are lots of branches down and while we were on the phone he heard another branch drop on the roof. 

Here in Jackson, MS we're getting a bit of wind right now, but it hasn't rained much. 

Message Edited by Phoenix-rising on 09-01-2008 08:20 AM
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 41 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope all are staying safe.

Just switched TV back over to CNN and it appears that it has been downgraded to Cat 2.

Phoenix...hope your dad is doing well. They just mentioned Houma, but hasn't reached there yet from what they said.
Message 42 of 62
first48
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Phoenix and Southern.  I am at my sister's home and right now you can say the weather is like the calm before the storm.  We have some rain right now and very little wind.  I am going to be as safe as I can be.  BR is going to have 30 to 45 mph winds for the first 2 hours and then over 70 mph  for the next 10 hours.  I have watched the news and parts of New Orleans are already under water like with Katrina.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 43 of 62
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Any of our Gulf Coast members have power and Internet back? Hope you're all sloshing through OK.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 62
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

I just talked to dad again. He's fine. Power still out. He hasn't been able to leave his house because there's still too much debris in his driveway. His house is fine. Trees and branches down in his yard.........

East coasters, I hope Hannah isn't too hard on you toward the end of this week....

LOTS of roofs off in Houma. No word on our house yet.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear your dad is okay and his home made it through okay.

Hopefully, your home made it through okay as well.

Yahoo has a lot of pictures of Houma and the damage.

The got pictures of someone driving through town as it is hitting. Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by sidewinder on 09-01-2008 11:17 PM
Message 46 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys.  Took a while but all is well here.  The window in our room to the hospital blew out and I have a busted window on my car.  The electrical system is all shot to s**t.  I went home briefly and as far as I can tell, everything is okay.  The power is out, so I wasn't able to really tell.  My fence is down, but I can live with that.  There are many houses with roofs blown off.  There are trees and power lines down everywhere.

Hope your house is okay, Phoenix.  I'm glad to hear that your dad is okay.

They aren't letting anyone into Lafourche Parish until Wednesday due to clean up.  Not sure about Terrebonne Parish.
Message 47 of 62
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good news so far!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 48 of 62
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Glad to hear your okay, JG.  We got off light here, just stayed under tornado warning all night long.  A few limbs and very few trees down, but otherwise, just like having a very long thunderstorm.  Phoenix and stef, everything okay with you and yours?
Glad it's all over...
Message 49 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm too lazy to read all 5 pages of this thread, but I hope everyone in Gustav's path came through relatively unscathed. I was relieved and happy to see reports that it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Katrina.

Me, I'm keeping an eye on Hanna, Ike, and Josephine. Living in FL has its advantages (mild winters! no state income taxes! beaches everydangwhere!) but we always dread September.
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.