tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Ghosts

@iced wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Obviously most don't believe in this and that is fine , it's your views and perspectives.

Others like myself were very skeptical and I mean very, After working in a nursing home for many years and on the night shift, I have seen things that can not be explained. I also lost both parents , both died at home and very strange things occur from time to time

So we all can believe what we went toSmiley Happy

If you can't explain something, why jump to an incredibly complicated explanation totally dependent on pseudoscience and inconsistent with real science?

e.g. The dog isn't allowed to take a particular toy outside. The toy goes missing along with other things.

Explanation 1: Ghosts

Explanation 2: The dog misbehaves and can be a little sneaky at times. Maybe it forgot its toy and is playing with other objects.

Explanation 3: A person moved them and forgot about it.

Explanation 4: Something else that none of us are smart enough to think of, but that is rational and doesn't rely on pseudoscience.

2-4 seem more likely to me.

I already said earlier in the thread that I believe ghosts are your explanation 4, but it's just fun saying ghosts. Everything that I've posted in this thread has really happened, and until someone can explain something rolling up a hill against gravity or something being physically manipulated out of thin air, they're 👻 👻 👻. 

Yeah, about that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gravity_hills

Yeah, pretty sure my driveway isn't a gravity hill and is actually sloped down. Didn't I post a pic in here?

Message 61 of 77
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Ghost is at it again. Today, the ceiling light cover came crashing down in the kitchen. This is despite the screws still being screwed in place. It's literally impossible for it to just fall out because at least 2 of the screws need to be backed out enough to get it around the third, as well as needing to be worked around the edge of the bulb.

PhotoGrid_1601604973481.jpg

Message 62 of 77
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Jeez. I'd have moved out of there long ago. lol

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 63 of 77
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

My GF and I moved into an older house (1920's-ish) a while back, and before we moved in I told her (nay, WARNED her) that she was going to think the house was haunted after a while. She said "don't be ridiculous, I love this house."

Not even 2 months later, she goes "last night I felt a presence and could've sworn I saw someone standing in our bedroo.." and before she even finished the sentence I was like "GAAAHHHH!! I freakin' told you that you were going to think it was haunted after we signed the 1 year lease! Well you'd better make friends with this 'ghost' cuz we're not going anywhere!"

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 64 of 77
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The knocking is back. This time at 8 in the morning. 😒

Also, wanted to update on the kitchen light. Went to put the cover back on and there was no way it just fell off. I had to back out the screws just to get it in place before screwing them back in.

Message 65 of 77
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Also, wanted to update on the kitchen light. Went to put the cover back on and there was no way it just fell off. I had to back out the screws just to get it in place before screwing them back in.

The few times I've heard knocking in my house at night, I was able to finally attribute it to pipes in the walls/floors/attic. When pressurized water moves through pipes, or (in the case of hot water pipes) the water in the pipes rapidly changes temperature (because someone ran a sink, dishwasher, shower, etc.) the pipes expand and contract and move around and can make knocking sounds.

It can also happen at odd times when nobody is running water, as the hot water left over in the pipes from when someone used it hours ago cools down, the pipes contract and they can make all sorts of noise.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 66 of 77
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@coreysw12 wrote:

The few times I've heard knocking in my house at night, I was able to finally attribute it to pipes in the walls/floors/attic. When pressurized water moves through pipes, or (in the case of hot water pipes) the water in the pipes rapidly changes temperature (because someone ran a sink, dishwasher, shower, etc.) the pipes expand and contract and move around and can make knocking sounds.

It can also happen at odd times when nobody is running water, as the hot water left over in the pipes from when someone used it hours ago cools down, the pipes contract and they can make all sorts of noise.

That's a very valid and scientific explanation for a knocking sound in a house. My bedroom door doesn't have any pipes in it though.

I also found the pic of my driveway that I had uploaded a couple of years ago in another thread. Bottom circle is where the ball rolled from (and where I was standing) up to the top circle where it rolled off the driveway and into the rocks.

PhotoGrid_1539387902480.jpg

Message 67 of 77
Svthhvn
Contributor

Ok wait. So @Brian_Earl_Spilner you and your wife were sitting on the couch one night and scratches appeared on her arm out of nowhere??? Ahh heck no!! I'd have been gone at that point!!👀

Message 68 of 77
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Small, localized gusts of wind can move objects. My central air system doesn't feel very powerful to my skin, but it causes the door to my home office to close if left ajar.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 69 of 77
Svthhvn
Contributor

@wasCB14 That's true. But scratches out of thin air? What plausible explanation is there? 2 people sitting side by side, one minute zero scratches, next minute 4.... wind isn't gonna do that!! 

Message 70 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.