cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goldman Sachs Card Release is Vintage Apple!

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Goldman Sachs Card Release is Vintage Apple!

You know those long lines at Apple stores to get the latest model of the iPhone or iPad? It strikes me we're seeing the credit card equivalent of that now with the new Apple card!

By making the new Apple card available "by invitation only", Apple has all of us lined up at the virtual store. Because the card seems exclusively available to a few, we all want it. That it's an illusion created by Apple doesn't matter. We're all dutifully signing up to get the invitation and enjoy the "privilege" of applying for a card that has only mediocre benefits compared to many others we've reviewed here! Well done, Apple! Your marketing department deserves another trophy.

Of course, I'll admit I was one of those early adopters right along with many others here. Would I have applied for the Apple card absent the "invitation" hype and the mad rush here? Perhaps not. Still, I do buy a lot of Apple gear so perhaps the card will eventually prove useful after all... It just won't be my daily driver. Of course, YMMV!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Goldman Sachs Card Release is Vintage Apple!

I am confused about the apple card but then again I don't have an iphone.

WHAT are the benefits?

Last time I looked the rewards were far from impressive.

What am I missing here?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k+ unsecured credit in 2017  -  $250k+ unsecured credit in 2019.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

10% Rotating - Discover                   5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                6% Groceries - Amex Preferred (DW)
5% Gas & Sporting - Ducks Unl         4% Dining & Entertain - Savor           3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything Else - Flagship          1% Cancer Charity - Fifth Third          0% Finance Promos - Venture & QuickSilver

Message 2 of 3
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Goldman Sachs Card Release is Vintage Apple!

Very true. Someone else on this forum coined the term “iLemming” and I am definitely that lol. 

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.