Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gyft.com or Swych for Walmart Giftcards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gyft.com or Swych for Walmart Giftcards

I was researching Gyft.com for buying Walmart giftcards with a Chase Buisness Ink Cash for 5% cash back bonus. But Gyft.com has so many bad reviews online, especially customer service. Swych seems to be alright.

Can anyone comment on using Gyft.com or GoSwych.com for buying giftcards

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gyft.com or Swych for Walmart Giftcards

I would use raise or cardpool

Swych just never seems to have good discount. While raise throw 3-5% discount more than once a week, use a double cash, I'm getting 5-7% on lot of things.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Swych just never seems to have good discount. While raise throw 3-5% discount more than once a week, use a double cash, I'm getting 5-7% on lot of things.

How safe is Raise or cardpool in terms not getting ripped off? Does either Raise or Cardpool count as a category bonus like "office supply"?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cardpool.... you sell it to them directly and they chat w/ you on the phone before accepting it and paying out. I did this awhile back w/ some GC's from Amex because the redemption rate was horrible.  It was a bit of a surprise to have to talk to them before they cashed them out but, it's safer than going out on your own and having to deal w/ shipping them and having a buyer cancel the payment or file a claim.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How safe is Raise or cardpool in terms not getting ripped off? Does either Raise or Cardpool count as a category bonus like "office supply"?

Raise is awesome. Navy Federal happened to have a boosted cash back offer in their Member Deals and I needed some iTunes gift cards so I just bought a few and after coupons and Navy Federal bonus cash back, I got about 23% off. No issue whatsoever. 

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Generally most of the reputable ones (like Raise and Cardpool) will refund your money if there are problems, within the time window they specify.   Sometimes cards are bad, there was a time that many of the Petco cards for example I got had no money on, but I always got refunded, after some variable amount of hassle (usually small and within a few days)

The only time I lost some money issue was when I didn't try a card for several months and then found it wasn't accepted (was coded as physical, so a printed version wasn't allowed).

Also, at one stage my GiftcardZen and/or Paypal account was hacked and someone bought $200 of gift cards and immediately used them.  GiftCardZen wouldn't refund, as valid cards had been purchased, but Paypal refunded the full amount.

I've stopped buying cards as much though, because the occasional hassles outweigh the discounts a lot of the time for me.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.