Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

tag
driventoscore
Valued Member

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

There is this one cashier at Costco that is in the habit of grabbing your bank card and reinitiating your transaction when you aren't  fast enough or the machine has an infarct on the first swipe.
The first time she tried,  I gave her a glare ( with piercing blue eyes! ) and firmly told her that the card did not belong to her.  She threw her hands up in the air & said " alllllll-right you go ahead" 
                                                                 #$%^&*(!!!!
Made a mental note not to frequent her check-out again.  Was back at Costco last week to pick up a few things.  Not paying attention  ( had the remainder of the day on my mind )  I landed in her check-out.  This time she got a hold of my card before I realized what was happening.........swiped it; then proceeded to tell me to put my PIN # in.  I was so taken aback........I said to her " well; what is the PIN#?"  She said "Maam; I don't know your PIN#"  I said.........." Really!.....I thought maybe by the way you grabbed that card out of my hand; that it belonged to you!"

Now I am not old & feeble.  Nor do I have trouble with working machines that process my cards.

I was so angry,  I left a piece of my mind with pen & ink in their suggestion box.
I wrote that if it happened a third time; I would file a complaint with the appropriate agency....( I wouldn't have a clue which one ) 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?!

With all of the identity theft around, I would be just as upset as you are.  It sounds as though she is just a little impatient, but that still doesn't give her the right to go grabbing stuff out of your hands.

driventoscore wrote:
Really!.....I thought maybe by the way you grabbed that card out of my hand; that it belonged to you!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

I've got to say that I wish I could come up with snazzy comments that fast.  I like that one. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 12
driventoscore
Valued Member

Hi JewelryGirl,

Anyone that frequents Costco knows that it is always busy.  Some times worse than others.  I am also aware they are in a time crunch to move the bodies through.
I still can't get over this though.
My son in law is a supervisor at another Costco in the area............& I told him that someone needs to take the initiative to address this with the employees.
Bad customer relations
Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I walked in a Costco once using an in-law's card. I made a decision I would never ever shop there again. That place is a zoo!
Message 4 of 12
MattH
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
I walked in a Costco once using an in-law's card. I made a decision I would never ever shop there again. That place is a zoo!

I once read somewhere that many discount stores are deliberately annoying places because their market research has discovered that if people feel like they are making a personal sacrifice to save money they will actually spend more.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@MattH wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I once read somewhere that many discount stores are deliberately annoying places because their market research has discovered that if people feel like they are making a personal sacrifice to save money they will actually spend more.

Sound right I guess with the wait for the checkout.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep. Save 50 cents on a 55 gallon drum of mayonaisse.
Message 6 of 12
MattH
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Buy it cheap and stack it deep. Save 50 cents on a 55 gallon drum of mayonnaise.

Gack, I never put mayo on my sandwiches, and even if I did it would take me a loooong time to use up 55 gallons of the stuff...
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mmmmm, mayo.

Growing up, I used to eat mayo and white bread sandwiches.

That could explain at least in part my lifelong weight struggles. Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 12
jaybird201
Established Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Hahaha, sometimes life is pretty transparent and there aren't any hidden motives. Costco is a store. It purchases goods in bulk. This lets them sell discounted goods. As a result they attract a lot of customers...

Time to start reading CNN instead of Costco cospiracy theory weekly! Smiley Wink

Message Edited by jaybird201 on 08-27-2008 10:58 AM
Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jaybird201 wrote:

Hahaha, sometimes life is pretty transparent and there aren't any hidden motives. Costco is a store. It purchases goods in bulk. This lets them sell discounted goods. As a result they attract a lot of customers...

Time to start reading CNN instead of Costco cospiracy theory weekly! Smiley Wink
On the contrary, product placement and display is extensively studied and practiced at any store than wants to stay in business. There's a reason that grocery stores start out with produce and wind up with beer and ice cream. (Well, not precisely mixed, or anything.) Sugar-coated crap cereals are down on children's eye-levels, batteries and razors are at check-out for the just-in-case shoppers to add to their mountains of batteries and razors at home, and so forth.

Same thing applies with environmental factors like lighting, music, colors, you name it. Now the dang aisles are starting to talk to you as you walk by the soup cans. Smiley Tongue

I never go in a store without a list.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.