Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a dream last night..

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Had a dream last night..

In the dream, I received a phone call from my lawyer telling me that my green card is finally approved by the USCIS(immigration department). I was so happy about this because I waited for several years. Then I drove my car to the USCIS to pick up the green card.

Then after several security checks.. I entered it and an empoyee handed me the card..  An American Express Green card.. Smiley Sad.. Saying that my application to Amex was approved.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Had a dream last night..

Rofl....

Step away from the myfico forums!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

In the dream, I received a phone call from my lawyer telling me that my green card is finally approved by the USCIS(immigration department). I was so happy about this because I waited for several years. Then I drove my car to the USCIS to pick up the green card.

Then after several security checks.. I entered it and an empoyee handed me the card..  An American Express Green card.. Smiley Sad.. Saying that my application to Amex was approved.

wait, how do you have a Barclays card if you are not a permanent resident? 

And honestly, why is this in the credit cards section? Can you post this in smorgasboard in the future please?

For your info: 

By pressing APPLY I certify that:

1. I am at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of the United States;
  2. I understand that Barclays may call me in connection with this application and for other matters relating to this account;
  3. I have reviewed and accept the Terms and Conditions that were provided before I applied for each account; and
  4. I have truthfully and completely provided the information on this application.

I hope you didn't do what I am thinking. You're putting your green card at risk.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 9
shakalaka
Established Contributor

You can be a permanent resident without a GC. Depends on the definition. For IRS you are a permanent resident under certain circumstances, even so you are not in the eyes of the USCIS.

Not gaming the system, just making a point. Of course I do not know, what Barclay wants.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 9
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

And honestly, why is this in the credit cards section? Can you post this in smorgasboard in the future please?

For your info: 

2. I understand that Barclays may call me in connection with this application and for other matters relating to this account;
  3. I have reviewed and accept the Terms and Conditions that were provided before I applied for each account; and
  4. I have truthfully and completely provided the information on this application.

I hope you didn't do what I am thinking. You're putting your green card at risk.

Then I hope the prosecution by federal attornies will not impact my credit report.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 5 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:
You can be a permanent resident without a GC. Depends on the definition. For IRS you are a permanent resident under certain circumstances, even so you are not in the eyes of the USCIS.

Not gaming the system, just making a point. Of course I do not know, what Barclay wants.

The definition IRS uses is resident alien, not permanent resident. They are two very different definitions.

Link here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Determining-Alien-Tax-Status

Also, there are immigrant-type visas that would qualify one as an alien resident as well. However, unless they have a green card or a US passport, they are not permanent residents.

@w20031424 wrote:

Then I hope the prosecution by federal attornies will not impact my credit report.

I honestly don't know what your intentions and priorities are. Maybe its because you're just 22 so you are still not quite there yet maturity wise (no offense intended btw).

You should have a talk with your parents about what you have been doing.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@w20031424 wrote:

For your info: 

First of all, you could have said that a bit nicer.  Second, it is not your decision as to where a thread is posted.  In the future, if you feel it is in the wrong forum, please notify a moderator that you THINK it is in the incorrect forum and if so, it will be moved.

And maybe I am reading it wrong but the OPs title is HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT.  As far as I know you cannot be prosecuted for your dreams.

Message 7 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

First of all, you could have said that a bit nicer.  Second, it is not your decision as to where a thread is posted.  In the future, if you feel it is in the wrong forum, please notify a moderator that you THINK it is in the incorrect forum and if so, it will be moved.

And maybe I am reading it wrong but the OPs title is HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT.  As far as I know you cannot be prosecuted for your dreams.

Sorry if that came off the wrong way, but this isn't the first time it has happened.

Secondly, he's talking about Amex in his dreams. Barclays is one of the cards he does already have. 

Thanks.

To add: if you're bored enough for additional reading, here you go: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/So-itching-for-Chase-Ink-Biz-CC/td-p/2225059

In a way it sums up why I may have phrased things in that tone, but no offense was intended anyhow.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.