Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Anniversary email from Amex

tag
chfenton
Established Member

Happy Anniversary email from Amex

I don't recall if I have been getting this every year a sthis is a nice round year for me, but this week I received an email from Amex thanking me for 35 years of membership.  What started as a green card in college is now Platinum and I have added Delta Reserve, Blue Cash Preferred and Hilton Aspire along the way and all reflect the 1987 member since date.  Thouhgt it was  a nice gesture, but for 35 years was expecting a gift of some sort Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Happy Anniversary email from Amex

@chfenton wrote:

I don't recall if I have been getting this every year a sthis is a nice round year for me, but this week I received an email from Amex thanking me for 35 years of membership.  What started as a green card in college is now Platinum and I have added Delta Reserve, Blue Cash Preferred and Hilton Aspire along the way and all reflect the 1987 member since date.  Thouhgt it was  a nice gesture, but for 35 years was expecting a gift of some sort Smiley Happy

Some of my lenders wish me Happy Birthday! Weird😁

Message 2 of 9
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@chfenton wrote:

At least a box of fruit or chocolates, lol.

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 9
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Don't despair, a couple of years ago a nice blue Tiffany's box showed up with two crystal champagne glasses inside. A very nice note from an Amex biggie was enclosed thanking me for being a member for 50 years. 

Message 4 of 9
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

Don't despair, a couple of years ago a nice blue Tiffany's box showed up with two crystal champagne glasses inside. A very nice note from an Amex biggie was enclosed thanking me for being a member for 50 years. 

Wow 50 years with Amex ?

I thought I was a dinosaur with 29 years (since 1993) with Amex - started with green, then gold and now Platinum + business card.....

Message 5 of 9
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Well I'm not Charles F Frost '58 but not so far away either! 

Message 6 of 9
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

Wow, my cards say member since 1991 . . . you have 20 years on me.  I look forward to my champagne glasses in 20 more years.  Congrats on impressive longevity in your AMEX relationship!  That is a really long time!

Message 7 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

AquaVault – Don't leave home without it | AquaVault Inc.....back in the day.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No Rolex in the mail for me, either.  Smiley LOL

Also kind of odd that they sent the 20 years email for a card that's only been open for 5 when 3 others really have been continuously open for 20.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.