cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Banco Do Popular changed their card designs?

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Has Banco Do Popular changed their card designs?

I was on their website today and could not find their multi-colored artwork style cards.  Have they been replaced by the boring designs on their site or can you still get the old designs?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has Banco Do Popular changed their card designs?

The old designs have been replaced with the new ones AFAIK.  So, if you were to apply and get approved, it would default to the new design.

Message 2 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

LOL I was going to step out of the garden next month and this card was #2 on the list.  Not anymore.  Thanks Fin

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Anytime.  Now, if you live in PR, there are different CC versions, but not like the US-based offerings that they had before the new design/refresh.   Personally, I would like the dual "AmEx/Visa" version, but I'm not a resident of PR, unfortunately.  But, @AverageJoesCredit is!  I don't think he's fond of Banco Popular tho.

ETA - not sure if your question was also in reference to Banco Do Brasil, and if so, those colorful designs are still available.  However, you can only apply for any of their credit cards via Branch > https://www.bbamericas.com/en/personal/credit-cards/

Message 4 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I dont live in PR but there is a Banco branch literally 1 mile from where I live

Message 5 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OK Im officially konfuzzled right now.

I might of been thinking of Brazil and not Popular.  I was thinking of the one that has the average 30 day approval cycle.  However the cards on Brazil look like the cards I was interested in.  Which one was the FOTM about 18 months ago ? IIRC Maha and Gmood had both applied ......

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchinethe one that uses Brazil in their name was the hot item ... times back (30 day approvals were common)!

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, yes , the Banco do Brazil was quite the commotionSmiley Wink. The Do threw me off as Banco Popular de Puerto Rico is mehSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Joe, did you get the Brazil Bank credit card?

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Banco Do Brasil was the brief FOTM last year. Applications took roughly ~30 days for processing. I was approved for one of their cards last year, but it seems they've changed the application process quite a bit since that time.

@Meanmchine, if you have a Banco Do Brasil branch nearby, certainly wouldn't hurt to ask how you can qualify for one of these fantastic CCs 😁 People definitely notice the "funky" look of the card whenever I use it.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.