Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I Wanna Be A Cowboy

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Help, I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Does anyone remember this new wave song from the 80's? Who is the artist?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help, I Wanna Be A Cowboy

And you can be my cowgirl ... yipee ay yay ...

ETA:  Boys Don't Cry = band

Message Edited by masdeocho on 05-20-2008 05:27 PM
Message 2 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I missed most of the 80s.  I was in strange places that tended not to play cowboy music  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

masdeocho wrote:
And you can be my cowgirl ... yipee ay yay ...

ETA:  Boys Don't Cry = band

Message Edited by masdeocho on 05-20-2008 05:27 PM

Thanks! Be my cowgirl, sure why not lol
Message 4 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, there was a beautiful song called "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?" by Paula Cole. Part of the lyrics:
We finally sold the chevy
When we had another baby
And you took that job in tennessee
You made friends at the farm
And you joined them at the bar
Almost every single day of the week

I will wash the dishes while you go have a beer

Where is my john wayne
Where is my prairie son
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the cowboys gone
Where is my marlboro man
Where is his shiny gun
Where is my lonely ranger
Where have all the cowboys gone
Yippee ay, yippee yea
And then some twit went and put a voice-over going, "I wanna be your cowboy." Freakin' idiotic remix; destroyed the whole sense and meaning of the song. Smiley Mad

Dang it, but I love the real song, because it's in exactly the right key for my voice. I've sung it to several dashboards over the years!

Oops, sorry, just Googled it, and there's one by your name by a group called Boys Don't Cry. Is that yours? sorry sorry sorry
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I asked the question because I heard the song a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. Sadly, this song replaced an even more absurd song by the band Royksopp, song title Remind Me. You might know this song if you've seen the cavemen GEICO commercials.

...and everywhere I go, there is always something to remind me, of another place in time...

Message Edited by fused on 05-20-2008 04:53 PM
Message 6 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:
I asked the question because I heard the song a few days ago and I can't get it out of my head. Sadly, this song replaced an even more absurd song by the band Royksopp, song title Remind Me. You might know this song if you've seen the cavemen GEICO commercials.

...and everywhere I go, there is always something to remind, of another place in time...

I love that song! I got an iPod for Mother's Day, and I'm downloading that puppy. Nothing like a little happy-silly Norwegian europop to balance out all the classical I listen to.

Incredibly grateful though that the Cavemen TV show fell victim to the writers strike. whew
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Toby Keith, a country artist,  released "I wanna be a Cowboy" also.
Message 8 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

As bright and witty as those cavemen commercials are, that darn show was the worst thing that has ever been put on television. I mean, it was just God-awful. I thought that I would like it, b/c I dig the commercials so much. But I never lasted through an entire episode, and I tried twice.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Junejer wrote:
As bright and witty as those cavemen commercials are, that darn show was the worst thing that has ever been put on television. I mean, it was just God-awful. I thought that I would like it, b/c I dig the commercials so much. But I never lasted through an entire episode, and I tried twice.

Well, I am lost in admiration, because you're the only one I know who even tried!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.