Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Gas Prices - Used Car Values

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

High Gas Prices - Used Car Values

I am curious would the high gas prices would have any impact on the recent high prices for used cars. I am wondering if there would be any price drop for used cars due to high gas prices?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: High Gas Prices - Used Car Values

Well, the last time gas prices soared, everyone abandoned their SUVs for gas efficient cars. With the market being what it is, and the fact that everyone wants SUVs instead of cars, I'm curious what will happen to car prices versus SUV/truck prices. Especially since many manufacturers have all but abandoned cars for SUVs and trucks. Maybe a huge swing to electric. Though, I don't see that happening in my city since the electric company just tripled everyone's rates.

Message 2 of 4
badgerdog

Seen lots of inflation during my life. Inflation Price increases seem to become the new norm. To much Chaos to perdict during times like this. I decided to not sell any assets at this timeSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I suspect not because the high prices for used cars have to do with chip shortages.

Gas prices are high and the fear I've heard is if they get too high there might be demand destruction at some point.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.