Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel brand comparison resource?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Hotel brand comparison resource?

Is there some resource that helps travelers keep track of hotel brands and compares them (in a quick and organized manner...not one as decentralized as FT forums) to competing brands?

For instance, I really don't understand what makes one SPG luxury brand different from another...or what brand from Hyatt or Hilton might be equivalent to Aloft.

I know brands aren't always consistent...but I'd also want to know which are more consistent than others.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hotel brand comparison resource?

I would be curious about that too...we finally got the last kiddo out of the house and away at college, so my wife and I will have more chances to travel.  I have a Hilton Honors AMEX but have never really traveled to hotels enough until this year to worry too much about points (always rented a house or condo in FL or All Inclusives in the Caribbean) but might be the time to figure out which brand we like, so we can maximize points.

My parents are thrifty to a fault, and stay in Choice Hotels whenever they can...I might not be quite that thrifty.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.