How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

tag
vivman1107
Valued Member

Re: How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

@Cleanmachine wrote:

That's a unique system

Personally I use Quicken Financial Software

I also use Quicken. There is a list of bill reminders that you can set up and view for the next 30/60/90 days or more. You can set up individual credit card accounts and have transactions download to these accounts. Then, the bill reminder can be auto-populated with the current balance if you pay in full each month. I have found that it has made my life a lot easier as I have gotten more CC accounts.

Message 51 of 61
N7
Established Member

i use the email alerts from my CCs

and i use mostly Check app, BillGuard. also i have Personal Capital, mint installed as well.

I'll be checking out that Prism app.

AMEX BCE $6.5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | Chase Ink Plus $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase CSP $10k | Capital One Platinum $4k | Citi Diamond Preferred $11k | Chase Freedom $500
Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your way is really interesting, I've never thought of that or heard of that. I just keep a spreadsheet for all my bills/spending/credit cards. The Cards have their own section with due dates, balances, utilization %, ect.

Message 53 of 61
stellar
Established Contributor

I think some people just enjoy organizing information and working with spreadsheets.  I enjoy it lol!

Message 54 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well let's see...I use the apps mint bills and prism but also the notepad in my phone to organize all my bills in one place!
Message 55 of 61
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I've been using a checkbook app called ireconcile for years that I really enjoyed and the developer kind of went MIA so I've been looking for another for app and since then been using MoneyWiz 2.

I check my accounts regularly on my MacBook which I have a folder that I press under my bookmarks and it opens up all my creditors that I have and I check them all, way easy and convenient.

For bills I've been using check for years. I like how I would be able to check the "check" app frequently and it would tell me which CCs were due and when they were and I would just pay them all individually. But recently I came across the prism app and been using that for about 2 weeks while still using check to make sure everything is working properly with prism.

I've been happy with this approach for at least 5 years managing 15-20 cards, all of which I really don't use or have a single small monthly charge on to keep active.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 56 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check them everyday!

Message 57 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats similar to what i do 

Message 58 of 61
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I check them everyday!

Trust me that will get tedious after a while.

I simply setup a system where I login to all my accounts twice a month, on the first when I pay rent, and on the 15th and kick payments wherever needed.  I should do what Super Al did and see about changing my due date on everything to a single date.

Beyond that I have the majority of my accounts linked to USAA such that I can just see at a glance if I owe anything.

ETA: Super Al's suggestion was incredibly trivial to do.

        
Message 59 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar app on my phone. I set an alert for a week before statement cuts for each card, and another one for 2 weeks after. I check each card the week before it cuts, decide if I want to pay it down or let statement cut. Two weeks after I PIF anything I allowed to get to statement. My CU autopay also kicks me out a reminder 5 days before the due date. 3 of my cards just have a nominal recurring charge on them so those I usually just pay pre statement cut. Discover and BOA are my regular use cards and I check them far more often.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.