cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How many cards do you like to carry in your wallet?

I had 20 or so in my wallet while on vacation down at Disney world over the last week. Lol
I mainly used Marvel for everything associated with Disney and dining, Penfed for gas, Discover for shopping deals at the outlet stores, USAA Limitless on general spend. Along with IHG and Hyatt for the rooms. And last but not least the FNBO 2% cash back on general spend, since the Limitless is over 50% utilization at the moment.

I never know what I'm going to use. So I normally have majority of my cards on me most of the time. Sounds crazy but I know I saved $350 to $400 by utilizing my cards on this trip.. Definitely worth my time.
Message 41 of 68
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am trying to cut down the amount of cards i carry right now its CSR, EDP, Freedom and my debit card from Alliant CU. The three CC cover almost all my spending so it works for me

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 42 of 68
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I carry 3 cards with me: A credit union debit card,
First National Bank of Omaha (2% Cashback Visa),
and the Bank of the West (Cash Back MasterCard).

I use 2 other credit cards for "Recurring Charges".
The US-Bank Cash+ and the Citi Double Cash.

I now only have 4 credit cards.

Message 43 of 68
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I carry 12, Amex platinum, Discover it, Cabelas, CSP, Citi DP, BofA Cash rewards Visa, BofA BBR

Just to name a few
Message 44 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a nice big wallet to match my nice big purse, but I've slimmed down the cards i carry. I have 4 with me at all times (not counting my store card to Old Navy, Target Debit and my Amazon Prime Visa):

Amex BCE

Discover It

Penfed Promise Visa

Amex Hilton Honors

Message 45 of 68
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I carry five, the rest are in my "sock drawer".

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 46 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would LIKE to only carry 1 card but since maximizing rewards is important to me, I have to carry all cards I need to make that happen.

I only have 5 cards total. My 2 Quicksilvers and my new Commence card stay in my SD since I only use those to auto-pay a few bills. So I only carry 2 cards in my wallet today. CSR for dining/travel and Blispay for general spend. I used to also carry my SallieMae for Grocery spend but when it was reduced to the Commence, I SD'd it.
Message 47 of 68
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

I currently have three cards. A mastercard, visa and american express. How many cards do you carry in your wallet? I feel like three isn't enough? Even though they have plenty of availability (25k). How many do you consider is comfortable in your wallet?

Amex PRG. 

Capital One QS if they don't take Amex. 

BoA debit card, if I need cash. 

Plus driver's license, Costco card, and insurance. 

Message 48 of 68
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@xgac12x wrote:

I currently have three cards. A mastercard, visa and american express. How many cards do you carry in your wallet? I feel like three isn't enough? Even though they have plenty of availability (25k). How many do you consider is comfortable in your wallet?

In my actual wallet:

Cash+

Double Cash

Marvel MC

Target redCard

JCP

BBR #2

Sam's Club MC

Discover It

BCE

9 cards...yikes.  I really should stick BCE in the SD.  DC will be switched once I get the Barclay Rewards cards, as I'll use it for gen spend & groceries to help meet my spend bonus.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 49 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all of mine, plus my two cards that I'm AU on (never know when my dad is going to tell me I can/should charge a certain expense on his cards lol)

Local CU debit card

Local CU card (no "rewards", 7.9% APR)

Discover IT

Capital One QS Visa

American Express BCP

Marvel MC

Chase Ink Cash-Back (AU)

Discover More (AU)

Message 50 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.