cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

Just curious.. How many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

Me: Chase Debit, Chase FU, Amex BCE, JetBlue Mastercard, Discover IT and Quicksilver.

Is that too much? I have another one coming along.. My Penfed Platinum Rewards lolz.

I want to make sure I have my Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

Lately it's just been CSP / FU / Sallie.

Soon to be travelling it'll be CSP (or CSR if I can weasel it) / First Tech / Cap 1 QS

        
Message 2 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually use that same method. Always have the Debit. After that my daily driver which has been Discover. Then a Visa and Mastercard. You know what they say “It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” 

Message 3 of 68
driftless
Valued Contributor

1.  CSR

2.  PRG

3.  Chase Debit

4.  Freedom if it is a quarter that I use.  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually use that same method. Always have the Debit. After that my daily driver which has been Discover. Then a Visa and Mastercard. You know what they say “It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.” 

and Discover is not widely accepted. I'm still finding places that don't accept Discover and some Amex. You just can never go wrong with Visa or Mastercard.

Message 5 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all 7 from my signature, as well as two debit cards. Seldom any cash. I have different cards for different categories, and never know which I'll need.. knowing I'd carry half of them anyway, it doesnt make sense to rotate a couple.
Message 6 of 68
myjourney
Super Contributor

The wallet I found has 17 slots 18 if you count the clear one for my DL

So I carry 20 CC's 

Yes 2 slots are doubled up....shrugs 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 68
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

So I carry 20 CC's 

It's personal preference for me; if I didn't hate the feel of bulky things in my pocket I'd probably do similarly, but it wasn't until this past week that I started actually using anything which could remotely be considered a wallet anyway.

Travel plans though it's a lot harder to deal with 20 cards that get lost instead of 3, and I'm guessing I may keep one in whatever hopefully secure location I manage to stash my passport in come to think of that.  Sigh I have so much to learn about travelling abroad.

        
Message 8 of 68
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

So I carry 20 CC's 

It's personal preference for me; if I didn't hate the feel of bulky things in my pocket I'd probably do similarly, but it wasn't until this past week that I started actually using anything which could remotely be considered a wallet anyway.

Travel plans though it's a lot harder to deal with 20 cards that get lost instead of 3, and I'm guessing I may keep one in whatever hopefully secure location I manage to stash my passport in come to think of that.  Sigh I have so much to learn about travelling abroad.

Actually Rev I found a wallet that's tall, pocket height and slim it's more like a thin checkbook unlike a regular wallet

No lump when you sit down like a standard men's wallet 

It's a little taller than my Iphone ....I measured it just for you 3/4'' higher 

As for losing them that can happen anywhere in which case you use the expedited feature for in most cases next day service 

Now traveling aboard limit the number you take and keep one in a different location as a backup I.E  empty shoe with a pair of socks to hold in place etc etc 

Least that's what I do 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 68
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Three in my wallet and right now those are the Cash Forward MC, Amex BCE, and the Kroger Visa (mainly because I need to use the actual card to get the $0.25 off per gallon), but those are mainly backup for when my Samsung Pay isn't working/accepted where I have almost all my cards at my fingertips (the Cash Forward and Discover don't support it yet).

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.