Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate?

tag
abarcla1
New Contributor

How accurate?

Hey everyone!

I've recently begun the credit rebuilding process and I've seen some real progress!  However, I've read that some of the scores that are pulled aren't always accurate and show on the high side of what they actually are.  The service I'm using to pull all 3 scores is Credit Check Total.  I'm also using this service, and for fun I've got the Credit Karma app...which is a way lower number than anything else I'm seeing.

Does anyone know if these sites are accurate?  What's the most accurate way to get the scores?  Any other advice?

This is my first post, so I don't even know how all of this works, but I love reading all of the other threads!  LOL

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How accurate?

From the front page of their site.  Credit Check Total

Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
TravisD
Contributor

Re: How accurate?

I would definitely reccomend getting the free trial of ScoreWatch here, as it will give you the actual FICO score used by lenders. You can cancel afterwards before you get charged, but for around $10 a month, I keep it.

Just click at the top of the page "Check my Fico Score"

........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.