cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you spending your travel points/rewards this year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you spending your travel points/rewards this year?

Okay, need a little vicarious travel joy. How are you planning on taking advantage of your travel rewards from your cards this year?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: How are you spending your travel points/rewards this year?

I don’t get travel rewards—I’m all cash back. And I don’t travel.

I’m sorry to kill your travel joy lol. I’ll just slide on out of here....
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahahaha -

Nah, we can just sit here in the lawn chairs with umbrella drinks, and wait for someone else to show up with the dreams.

✈️🛳🏝⛱🏕🏔
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bank my Delta miles for the rare instances when I fly. I just let them accumulate and by the time I need them, I’ll have enough for DW and I to go gratis.

Hilton points I use for room stays - we have a decent amount of road travel and cash them in fairly regularly.

I’m not a UR Chase customer and I don’t yet have an MR-earning card, so this is it lol.

Sorry it’s nothing exotic but it is functional.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. Functional is very good - and functionally free is even better.

I’d like to learn more about the practicalities of travel rewards, in case I ever get back in the position of being able to travel. Too many other responsibilities right now. I don’t have any travel cards but I’d consider them.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My travel rewards will be spent in the Spring of 2020 for a Honeymoon in Scotland! Whether it’s airfare, hotels, or both, those points will go to good use!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is simply cashback for me for now. That might change if I get approved for the CSP in the coming months.

Message 7 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I really should go somewhere fun, or at least relaxing, with the points I do have... but really these days it like everything everything else gets sucked up into work.

If it's cheaper for me to fly up to the Bay Area on points I do so, otherwise I typically just get a Southwest flight.

Looks like I may wind up flying more over time rather than less, I probably need to pick a specific airline and go... if I had a regular companion I'd just go chase the Companion Pass but that doesn't seem in the cards anytime soon hah.

        
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ttulaw, congrats! How fun, definitely not your usual honeymoon. My friends and I have talked for years about backpacking some of the trails in Scotland - some go village-to-village, so you can sleep in the stone bothy on the outskirts but walk into town for a meal and a pint.

ML - me too on CB for now. I’m going to wait to see what happens with the changes to the Chase UR rewards before pulling the trigger on a CSP. It was definitely on the radar, but now I want to wait and see.

Rev - I can relate, I’d love to be able to do more traveling, and a reason to have a companion pass as well! LOL. That’s part of why I want to build passive income by boarding more horses at the ranch. A neighbor boards about 55 horses at $200 per head per month. He doesn’t do any of the work - it’s self-care boarding. Not bad at all. I can’t do that many, but should be able to put a decent number up.

SF is a fun town, hope you get out while you’re there. I have family up there, after Thanksgiving (in the misty rain!) we toured around the Marin headlands and had drinks at the Farley Bar, in one of the old restored military buildings near the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All this talk about travel is making me want to take the first plane out going anywhere! Since I have no travel points, perhaps Masterlink would be so kind as to let me use one of his credit cards he has so proudly posted, lol!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.