Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you juggle your cards???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you juggle your cards???

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't a 20K CL already a "special card"?

It's like saying my car is bigger and faster than your car so I better go out and buy the biggest, baddest card on the dealer lot -- oh wait, not I WANT 30 CARS NOT ONE!  Makes no sense.  Having a ton of large CL and not using it makes no sense at all -- is it just to impress the neighbors? Cat Tongue

No, 20K is very ordinary among CU.  That's not a special card.  People "use" them to reduce the appearance of the utilization of the cards they actually use.

There are a few exceptions, but CU cards are for balance transfer and utilization appearances.  If you PIF, before statement, you don't have use for either of those things...

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dw4250 -- ahhh I like your way of thinking - now we are getting somewhere -- you hit my questions in the right spot. Man Happy

Out of curiosity, did you ever forget about a certain card(s) - SD'd it then boom, "sorry we have closed your account for non-usage" letter comes in your mailbox?  That's why I'm scared because I may lose a card if I don't use it alot. For example, I have a Cap-One with $5k and I know for a fact I will not use it - if at all. (well maybe for some movie tickets and popcorn. LOL) Smiley Very Happy  

When does a creditor say - hey look at that guy - he's not even using our card. We are not making money off of him -- well golly gee - CLOSE HIS ACOUNT NOW!   Smiley Surprised  Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous -- time for you to graduate to Quicken. Already does all of that and better. Been using it since version 1.0 Smiley Happy

I love Excel too but having too many spreadsheets can drive anhyone up the wall. Don't be scared - Quicken won't bite. LOL

I've tried Quicken... don't like it.

I DO like the flexibility I have with Excel. Having lots of spreadsheets would drive some up the wall... but not me. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 37
Jlu
Established Contributor

I don't juggle my cards. I use 2 cards, the rest have been dormants for months (some years) on end. No AA from lenders because I think they know when I do use their card I use it BIG TIME - one time Barclay complained that I never used their card so I put about $10k through it the next month - shut them right up lol. Not everyone can do that sort of spend though so I see what OP is saying.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are the King of Excel Trickery!!!  More power to you!  Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you buy dinner for the whole office at a 5-Star restaurant???? LOL Man LOL

Message 26 of 37
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@closinggrace --- .50 gift cards? What?? Should I add 2 more zeros or are you just kidding?

So you don't buy anthing more than that? Seems silly to have a CC but not use it.  Why would anyone have X amount of cards and let it sit in the drawer?

No I seriously buy 50 cent Gift cards which is the min for an Amazon Gift card to buy. I only do it to keep cards active and not spend much doing it 

Discover is my oldest card but I don't use it because of the $1,500 limit. Not going to cut loose my oldest card. No AF why cut when you can SD it and use it every few months to keep active to help with AAoA and util%

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 27 of 37
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

For the moment I am using my CSP for about 99% of my purchases just to get points unless i get 5% back like next month on amazon with my Freedom

After New Years

Amex Everday or BCE: for groceries. 

CSP: Dining and Travel

Freedom :Quarter bonuses 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 28 of 37
yfan
Valued Contributor

I do a fair bit of juggling, depending on what I'm doing. But my wallet always - ALWAYS - has the following cards even if I leave the others home: My Amex (True Earnings), Discover IT, Capital One QS, which will probably soon be replaced once my Citi DC arrives. Once my DC arrives, I will no longer have any category cards other than the Discover, which is where I think is my best fit. Recently I've gotten into BankAmeriDeals, so my Bank of America Cash Rewards is often with me too (PCing that to BBR).

My other cards have special purpose uses: Citi Diamond Preferred for the concierge (when I need it, which is rare), my Marriott Premier Visa for... well, for hotels, Amazon Visa for Amazon, etc. But by far most of my credit card spending goes to Amex and Discover.

Message 29 of 37
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZHrrtUv2ek

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.