cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is a $450 AF card not a metal card?!

tag
SPChaser
Established Contributor

How is a $450 AF card not a metal card?!

It just donned on me today the Amex Hilton Aspire card is not a metal card. When I applied for the card, I was away, so wifey was keeping the card for me. I get it today with the high, high expectation that it would be a metal card and it certainly wasn't lol. This expectation could be attributed to the fact now that I am able to obtain prime cards (got the CSR few years ago), and learned about the travel rewards game with issuers placing ridiculously high AFs, I would have never thought the Amex Aspire would not be a metal card. Yes, maybe the reasoning for this is that the Aspire, regardless of the amazing benefits and features, is a cobranded card, yet it's one of their signature cobranded cards and the Delta Platinum is a metal card. Just don't get it lol. Anyone know if one can be requested? 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How is a $450 AF card not a metal card?!

@SPChaser wrote:

It just donned on me today the Amex Hilton Aspire card is not a metal card. When I applied for the card, I was away, so wifey was keeping the card for me. I get it today with the high, high expectation that it would be a metal card and it certainly wasn't lol. This expectation could be attributed to the fact now that I am able to obtain prime cards (got the CSR few years ago), and learned about the travel rewards game with issuers placing ridiculously high AFs, I would have never thought the Amex Aspire would not be a metal card. Yes, maybe the reasoning for this is that the Aspire, regardless of the amazing benefits and features, is a cobranded card, yet it's one of their signature cobranded cards and the Delta Platinum is a metal card. Just don't get it lol. Anyone know if one can be requested? 

It is not issued as a metal card.  So, requesting one will be a futile effort @SPChaser.

Also, just because certain CC products may have higher annual fees doesn't make it a requirement for such cards to be metal.  Conversely, there's a plethora of no-AF and low-AF credit cards that are made of similar material.  It's possible that at some point AmEx may decide to refresh that product family and issue the Hilton Aspire card as a metal version.  But for now, plastic it is.  Enjoy the benefits.

Message 2 of 3
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: How is a $450 AF card not a metal card?!

@FinStar thanks!  I was just a bit shocked that it wasn't esp when the delta is. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.