tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many bank cc do you all have

@Revelate wrote:

Total accounts: 32

Open revolvers: 16

Open National Bankcards: 12

(HELOC, PLOC, 2 x CU cards not counted, though the 12 does include an Amex charge card).

There is a penalty on some FICO algorithms, seen it explicitly in the reason codes for TU FICO 4 so it does actually matter from a credit perspective since that is part of the mortgage trifecta, but the newer models don't seem to care at all... and it's probably a minor penalty on that model too.

FWIW I really am only using 2 cards regularly these days (CSR amd CFU) and I am basically SD'ing 5 of the revolvers until they close for inactivity... so I really don't need this many.

Reminder, it is your job to serve as that full service banker and "keep the penny rolling through the community"! So...oo, keep using those cards and go broke ... it is the American way Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What was the stated reason in TU FICO 4?

While I don't recall ever seeing my FICO 4, on everything else I'm close to max score and have never had 46 national bankcards held against me.  

"You have too few or too many credit accounts."

It was #4 on TU FICO 4 so it's not a major one, but I assure you it wasn't from having too few accounts Smiley Happy

7 installment, 21 revolving tradelines at the time; might not exist in all scorecards as I did have a 30D late on that bureau at the time of the pull.

BCE 3-2019.jpg

Now this is starting to make sense.  

"Too many accounts with ... " and not just too many accounts in general.  I know people with 850 / 900 that have as many, if not more, open accounts as I.  

Message 32 of 34
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have 6 currently,  however,  I am going to close my US Bank cash+ and their loc.  Also thinking of closing Chase, so I will be down to 3.  I don't need the aggravation.  Three cc's and a debit card are all that I need.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 33 of 34
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

I have 2 cc and a mortgage.

No other debts or payments.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.