cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

I carry 4 credit cards on me at all times. These cards are Amex Gold, Venture, Citi Premier and Savor. All of these cards pretty much cover all of the purchases I make.

I also carry a debit card that I rarely use but I just like having one in the event I need to get cash out for an emergency.

How many do you carry?
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

1 debit card for the same reason as you, my Amex Gold, Amex Reserve and my Citi Prestige.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 67
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I carry 2 credit cards and 2 debit cards. Credit cards are my US Bank Cash 365 American Express and my Discover It. Debit cards are my local CU and my Wells Fargo. I will carry my US Bank Debit card when I get it.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3 of 67
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Mine changes every now and again, but currently in my wallet:

• Amex Platinum - just in case someone happens to see it and gets impressed I need the buying power or purchase protection
  • Amex Gold - food
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve - travel and "we don't accept Amex because the fees are too high" (so we'll take your Visa Infinite card that likely has higher fees)
  • Citi Premier - entertainment and paying for parking when the machines don't take Amex and the CSR isn't bendy enough to work in the machine
  • Delta Reserve - everything else*
  • Bank of America Premium Rewards - backup
  • Amex SPG Luxury - because I can't bring myself to take it out of my wallet

*Using US Bank Altitude Reserve wherever I can use Apple Pay for 3x and to hit SUB spend.

*Chase Pay currently used for fuel with Freedom card.  Paying for gas has never been so easy.  I hit Pay, type in the pump number, and it gives me a 3 digit code to enter into the pump that handles the payment AND Fuel Rewards loyalty account.

Message 4 of 67
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Two,  FNBO 2% Cashback Visa, and Bank of the West Cashback MC.

Also 1 Visa Debit (Credit Union)

Message 5 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 credit cards, 1 debit, and one card that is not carried on me for Apple Pay/Chase Pay.

Message 6 of 67
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I have been carrying around 5 cards with me these days, some quarters i carry only 4 if i don’t need to use my CF for 5x categories. Use my gold for restaurants and grocery stores, citi TYP for gas, CFU for non category spend. Ink cash for restaurants that don’t take Amex and for 5x at staples. This quarter have had CF in my wallet for costco runs. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 67
redpat
Senior Contributor

Amex Gold, Barclays AA for those who don’t take Amex.  For business Amex BGR.

When traveling Amex biz plat, Amex Gold, Citi AA Exec and Hilton.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 67
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I carry my Drivers license, eleven CCs. one Debit card and some cash in this.

IMG_20181226_210912__1545877536_107.77.104.94.jpgIMG_20181226_211019__1545877452_107.77.104.94.jpg

Message 9 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Gold- Dining and Supermarkets

Citi Permier- Gas, entertainment, "we don't accept American Express.", price protection

Guest tap(usually minimum spend card) Altitude Reserve, even though I just took it out of my wallet and will use my phone since I hit MSR.

Schwab debit card

Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.