cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

BCE, Ducks, DC, Cash+, Savor.  All my daily driver cards.

Message 21 of 67
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I carry 4 credit cards on me at all times. These cards are Amex Gold, Venture, Citi Premier and Savor. All of these cards pretty much cover all of the purchases I make.

I also carry a debit card that I rarely use but I just like having one in the event I need to get cash out for an emergency.

How many do you carry?

American Express Gold and $100.00. 

Message 22 of 67
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Generally, I carry 4 cards + 1 debit card:

CSR - Dining/Travel

CFU - Noncategorical Spend

CF or Discover - Whichever category I'll use more. Currently using CF, next quarter probably Discover

Costco Visa - Gas (unless I go to the 76 station by my home where they have been offering 10 cents off per gallon to use their mobile app to pay and is also linked to Chase Pay, go figure)

When traveling international - I switch out the CFU for AmEx Plat, keep Discover/CSR/Costco, and add Target MC (the only MC I have without FTF).  I also carry a second wallet that I have hidden in a carry on with 2 cards (2 no FTF cards, usually Amazon and Delta Plat), alternate ID, and the debit card from another bank, in the event my main card holder would be stolen. 

Message 23 of 67
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I mostly carry my NFCU cashRewards (1.5% CB) and debit card for those places that either won’t accept CCs for purchases less than $5 or mom and pops that don’t take CCs at all.

If I know I’m making a large purchase, I take one of my 0%APR cards.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 24 of 67
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@meanmchine

Loved the response. 😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 67
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pickaboo
The hardware 😂🤣😂🤣! OMG too funny

Message 26 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on 1. If I'm going for a SUB and 2. What categories my cash back cards have that quarter.

Typically 2-5 CCs. I also usually carry 2 or 3 debit cards, one for getting cash out, the cash app card for its discounts (conceptually also the chime card for the same reason but tbh I haven't ever used it yet since my cc rotation hasn't ever really settled enough to get that deep on debit rotations yet), and the PayPal business debit for 3% back on credit and 2% back on debit charges
Message 27 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have all of my cards in my wallet. I probably should cut that down but they all fit and I always know where they are so all the cards in my sig plus a debit card from both 1stBank and NFCU. 

If I had to choose cards to carry, it would be my NFCU cashRewards VISA (high limit, 1.5% cash back and so I have a VISA in my wallet), Discover It (1st year so 2% on everything), my Capital One QS MasterCard, and my NFCU debit card in case I had an emergency that needed cash. The only reason I would carry my QS is in case I needed a MasterCard (this has happened before that a place was having a dispute with VISA) since they don’t hold my cash back hostage like SSFCU’s WMC does ($25 minimum redemption) and I also get instant transaction alerts from Cap while SSFCU has extremely limited texts only when they suspect fraud. 

I would leave my NFCU Platinum at home since it not only has a BT on it but it’s a low interest card that doesn’t have rewards so I’m incredibly unlikely to use it and I would leave the SSFCU WMC at home because of the $25 increment cash back barrier. The BBVA Compass ClearPoints would get left at home just because right now it’s set for my utilities 3% card. I will probably set it as grocery 2% (I don’t spend as much on groceries as I do internet and cell phone to warrant making groceries my 3%) after 1Q is over but Discover has that 5% slot right now so after 1Q I would probably SD Discover (end of Cash Back match) and replace with BBVA. 

(The complicated nature of this post and the fact I have already edited this right after posting should show why I carry all of my cards - I can make a scenario where each of them except the Plat makes sense to carry and I still have a SUB to meet for the BBVA card so it would be a better fit than my cashRewards, it’s unfortunately only a $2000 limit card while Discover and CR are both $7500). 

Message 28 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes: Chase Freedom, Discover it, BofA Cash Rewards

Always: WF Propel and WF Cash Wise and WF Debit

Never: Local CU CC
Message 29 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changes every quarter or on demand.

Currently traveling, with propel, csp, qs, business prime, schwab debit.

Q1 will carry propel, Amex gold, csp, DC, discover debt.

I have to carry 5 cards in total, otherwise my wallet becomes loose, lol, literally.
Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.