cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

tag
digitek
Established Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

CSR and SDFCU 2% card in my wallet.  A few in my car, so those kind of count as halves? =D  FNBO Gas Card, US Bank Cash +, Freedom, Amex BCP, Lowe's.  The rest stay at home.

Setup digital wallet with all my cards this week on Samsung Pay and used it for the first time yesterday.  Was really painless and now it is kind of like I am carrying all my cards...in my phone...which I already have on me all the time.  I'm totally cool with that, though, I really like a thin wallet and mine just keeps getting smaller.  Will always carry a few real cards, but digital wallet is definitely the future and pretty convenient.

Message 31 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes one, sometimes two:

The card that is always in my wallet is my BoA Cash Rewards.  Used mainly for gas, groceries, and eating out.  This card has a $500 limit so I don't overspend, and to limit what skimmers can do.

My Chase Amazon Prime Visa rotates in and out of the wallet, depending mainly on the BoA CR's balance and proximity to its statement cut date.  It's my backup card.

BoA Travel Rewards stays in the sock drawer, reserved for larger expenditures.

I also keep a debit card handy, for ATM use or for emergencies.

Message 32 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all of them....I don't have many, so they don't take up much room.

On days when I'm feeling down, I open up my wallet & look at the shiny preciouses and it gives me a feeling of pride seeing how far I've come. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 in the wallet, and 2 in the sockdrawer.

Wallet:

AMEX BCP (groceries 6%)

Citi DC (2% everything else)

Drawer:

Chase Freedom (only take out for 5% categories when I need to make a purchase, and then home again to the sockdrawer)

Cap One Savor (in drawer to keep life simple, in spite of 4% dining/entertainment)

I am retired and trying to simplify my daily carry to 2 credit cards. Wife carries same as me, plus Costco Visa.

Message 34 of 67
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I carry 4 credit cards on me at all times. These cards are Amex Gold, Venture, Citi Premier and Savor. All of these cards pretty much cover all of the purchases I make.

I also carry a debit card that I rarely use but I just like having one in the event I need to get cash out for an emergency.

How many do you carry?

I carry 1 business card & 2 personal cards.

I just don't have room for more.

I change them up all the time. Don't want any to feel unloved.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 35 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m currently in Iceland so what I’m carrying is a little different.....

1. My Schwab debit card 

2. Capitol one 360 debit card

3. Sapphire checking debit card

4. CSR

i wanted options to get cash if I needed it but I’ve largely not needed any of the debit cards except to get gas after hours. Ive used my CSR literally for everything else and haven’t even needed the psyical card at all except one time. You can pay with NFC literally in every single place, even the pay toilets. 

When im in the US my setup is.....

1. AMEX business gold

2. CSR

3. Spark miles for business

Right now most of my spend is going on the spark miles card because I’m working on hitting my 50k MSR. 

Message 36 of 67
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

ALL of them.. 0000creditcard.gif

Spread out in 2 wallets in my handbag. You just never know what you're gonna need.

I don't live in a place where there are pick-pockets and due to the value of my handbag itself and the other ahem,,,, hardware I carry in my bag- I have about zero chance of being robbed. twothumbsupgif.png

Nice!! 

Message 37 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I should probably take my Local CU debit card out my wallet when I think about it. I only use that debit card to pay bills.

Total cards I carry:

Amex Gold - Restaurant, Groceries and Flights
Premier - Gas and Travel

Venture - Non category spend (least until June when 1st AF hits then will likely use Gold for non cat)

Savor - Backup for restaurants when Amex isn’t accepted and entertainment. I probably will move this to SD and use my premier when Amex isn’t accepted to cut down on cards

Fidelity cash management debit - basically my emergency debit card

Unused Visa gift card

Unused ruby Tuesday gift card

Drivers License and insurance card.

Thanks for the replies all!
Message 38 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry a total of 5 credit cards in my wallet, and a debit card. 

CSR: travel & dining

CFU: other spending

BoA cash rewards, Amex BCE, Citi double cash: back up.

Debit: just in case I need cash.

I try to earn as much UR points as possible so I only use CSR & CFU. This might change next week when I get my Hilton Ascend card, I want to meet the minimum spending for the bonus, so I will put most of my spending on Hilton Ascend card.

Message 39 of 67
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I have 5 total and I carry them all.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.