cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

Sadly, I carry just about all my cards. I probably only use a hand full of them if that.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 41 of 67
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I usually only carry with me: one debit card along with the one credit card that is being used for AZEO.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 42 of 67
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

For those that carry all their cards:  IMO it's always worth having at least one somewhere else, call it location diversity.   If you somehow lose all your cards, you may well need one working one while you cancel those you have lost.   Generally, you are unlikely to need all of them, every trip, especially if they overlap.   

Message 43 of 67
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

For those that carry all their cards:  IMO it's always worth having at least one somewhere else, call it location diversity.   If you somehow lose all your cards, you may well need one working one while you cancel those you have lost.   Generally, you are unlikely to need all of them, every trip, especially if they overlap.   

Hyatt and BCE.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 44 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Credit Cards, 1 Debit, 1 3% Hybrid 😂
*Amex Delta Gold
*Discover IT
*Navy CR
*PP Business Debit Card: Linked to my PP 2% Credit Card which earns me the 3% per swipe. Currently used as my everyday.
Message 45 of 67
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I carry 4 credit cards on me at all times. These cards are Amex Gold, Venture, Citi Premier and Savor. All of these cards pretty much cover all of the purchases I make.

I also carry a debit card that I rarely use but I just like having one in the event I need to get cash out for an emergency.

How many do you carry?

I really need to start carrying a debit card because I never do and it can be risky if I need cash all of a sudden. That pretty much never really happens but I dont want to jinx myself. The cards I carry on a daily basis are the following four:

Amex gold card - for restaurants, grocery shopping

Amex business plus - All non cat spend since it earns 2 pts per dollar

Chase sapphire reserve - for travel expenses or restaurants that don't take amex

Chase freedom unlimited - for those rare times when I have non cat spend and amex is not accepted

Other cards that may come in and out of my wallet depending on situation:

Chase ink cash - this card pays all my cable, phone, internet and also I will put it in wallet for office supply runs

Chase freedom - this card will go in my wallet if I am going to be spending in a 5x category

Amex Business Plat- if I am going overseas then I will usually bring my amex plat and leave behind cards with FTFs, in case i need to use concierge or some of the other benefits or some other emergency arises. I don't use the card for charges but like having the card with me for perks. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 46 of 67
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Five, no debit.  Chasing Hilton points for a trip in March, so my Aspire is getting a workout.  Along for the ride: Alt Reserve, Costco Visa, Merrill+, and Disco.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 47 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have nine slots, so I carry nine of my fifteen cards. I have anywhere from 40-60 transactions a week, so it isn’t hard to use all of my cards each month to keep them active.
Message 48 of 67
marty56
Super Contributor

Just my debit card and gas card.  It was 3 but sadly DW like to use my RBFCU card these days.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 49 of 67
minski
Established Contributor

2 debit cards: 1 for cash deposits and 1 for emergency cash

5 credit cards:
1) card I am currently working on for sign up bonus
2) US Bank Cash+ - these days set to Ground Travel & Fast Food/Restaurants
3) PenFed Cash Rewards - 5% cash back on gas
4) SDFCU 2% Cash Back card
5) Discover - just because I like how I can choose a different design (Lol)

Once I get around requesting the contactless version of Chase Freedom, I'll add that to the list for the fun of whipping out a contactless card. Smiley Very Happy

I have Samsung Pay and with my new phone upgrade, it works a lot more seamlessly than it did with my Galaxy S7 (or was it S6?); I was quite impressed. But I still carry my physical cards with me just in case.
Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.