cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: How many credit cards do you guys carry with you daily?

I have 2 wallets. My main one has the PayPal, discover, and amex plus I try to carry $100. All my other credit and debit are in the other. Almost all of them are loaded in my digital wallet and I only bring the second with me if I'm heading out with no plan in mind.

Message 61 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually carry way more than I should and have been thinking a cleanup is needed. 
Right now I have:
  Citi Premier

BarclayCard

Discover

CarCare

Amazon Prime Visa

Cap One

USBank Cash+

Much of the time I pay with Samsung Pay too which makes carrying cards nearly redundant. The problem is they all offer different points for use so its hard to give any up. I am thinking of going down to cash+, discover, and citi. If I decide to try for an amex gold than I would add that, but I havent decided yet. I did figure that the points I would earn would be worth far more than going BCP especially with that initial bonus. I use all rewards basically for amazon so there is that.

Message 62 of 67
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Amex Gold, Discover It and when neither of those are allowed I have my Chase Freedom. If no credit cards are allowed I always have a $20 that I carry on me at all times. Now if the ego needs a boost I toss a $50 in there, LOL! 

Smiley Sad

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 63 of 67
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

1 Chase debit card, in case I need cash.

2 Chase Visas (CSP/CFU) for all my spending.

2 non-Chase Mastercards (Citi/Cap1) so that all my eggs aren't in the Chase basket, and for the extremely rare time when someplace takes MC but not Visa.

Those are incidently also the only 4 credit cards I own Smiley Very Happy

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 64 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I have 2 wallets. My main one has the PayPal, discover, and amex plus I try to carry $100. All my other credit and debit are in the other. Almost all of them are loaded in my digital wallet and I only bring the second with me if I'm heading out with no plan in mind.

Use the same policy on cards and carry cash similar in amount except, I do not have all the cards loaded into my Smart Phones as on several occasions when I received an mobile app update, the card was removed from the Smart Phone and I had to re add the card(s). Got tired of doing it and quit. Smiley Frustrated

Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

• One debit (emergencies and ATM) and one ATM (a different bank)
  • Chase Trifecta
    • F - 5% categories
    • FU - everything else
    • SP - most everything while working on the sub then SD
  • Disco It - 5% categories
  • Barclaycard Uber - restaurants
  • BofA CR - gas, groceries (Except at times like now when CF and Disco cover both of these at 5%!)
Message 66 of 67
Ricky_D
Contributor

I use 2  6 slot plastic inserts that I can swap out into my wallet and keep a low profile in my pocket.

One group I frequently keep in my wallet are:

My bank's debit MC and it's Mastercard World CC

My credit union's debit MC and it's Visa Cash Back CC

Quicksilver and Quicksilver One

Second group when travelling:

AmEx Platinum

Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant

Hilton Honors Ascend

Blue Cash Everyday

Discover It Chrome

Discover It Cash Back

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.