Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you have?

tag
RLFLOWS
Valued Member

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

I currently have 16 cards (14 personal & 2 business). $81,600 personal limit & $33,900 business limit. Started my rebuild 3 years ago. 

Message 41 of 48
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

I have 7 credit cards.  1st credit card I got in late 2019, I did not want to try getting anymore in 2020 with everything going on. I got 6 cards this year. I think the cards I have are perfect for me. I use them every month, PIF. I don't know how people juggle more than 10 😂.

And just like that 3 months later I have 10 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Goal Cards:
Message 42 of 48
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

I have 7 credit cards.  1st credit card I got in late 2019, I did not want to try getting anymore in 2020 with everything going on. I got 6 cards this year. I think the cards I have are perfect for me. I use them every month, PIF. I don't know how people juggle more than 10 😂.

lol, well my wife and I went from 1 in early June to four each and being authorized users on two of our cards as well. Just the way it goes. And I will not hesitate to replace cards when better offers come along. 

Message 43 of 48
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

lol, well my wife and I went from 1 in early June to four each and being authorized users on two of our cards as well. Just the way it goes. And I will not hesitate to replace cards when better offers come along. 

My husband and I only had 2 cards in March, so far I added 8 and he only added 1. He doesn't want to manage any more cards so i started adding him as a AU on some of my cards. He wanted the Lowes card but they couldn't verify his identity so I applied for the card for him to use. Don't get how they could identify him as a AU with no social security number put in but couldn't identify him when he tried the prequal with his last 4 ssn smh.

Goal Cards:
Message 44 of 48
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

My husband and I only had 2 cards in March, so far I added 8 and he only added 1. He doesn't want to manage any more cards so i started adding him as a AU on some of my cards. He wanted the Lowes card but they couldn't verify his identity so I applied for the card for him to use. Don't get how to could identify him as a AU with no social security number put in but couldn't identify him when he tried the prequal with his last 4 ssn smh.

Well, I will admit that I kinda pushed my wife a bit. She doesn't really like having to think about what card to use but she is getting better at it. Showing her how much money we already made or saved using better cashback cards kinda convinced her that it might be worthwhile, lol.

Message 45 of 48
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

My husband and I only had 2 cards in March, so far I added 8 and he only added 1. He doesn't want to manage any more cards so i started adding him as a AU on some of my cards. He wanted the Lowes card but they couldn't verify his identity so I applied for the card for him to use. Don't get how to could identify him as a AU with no social security number put in but couldn't identify him when he tried the prequal with his last 4 ssn smh.

Well, I will admit that I kinda pushed my wife a bit. She doesn't really like having to think about what card to use but she is getting better at it. Showing her how much money we already made or saved using better cashback cards kinda convinced her that it might be worthwhile, lol.

I pushed him into his 3rd card 😂. Seeing how he's managing all 3, I can see why he doesn't mind just being a AU on my accounts. 

Goal Cards:
Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only two, $2000 Target 02/20 and $3000 WF Active Cash 08/21. File is pretty thin so lucky to have these. Banking relationship probably helped.

Don't really need more based on spending. Might consider adding one or two mid 2022.

Message 47 of 48
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I have more than a dozen.  I'm trying to get down to 7 by the end of 2022.  Two of those 7 I'm only keeping because they are my oldest by a large span of time.  Fighting my way back from the bad credit basement turned me into a credit hoarder.  I applied for so many things I have still been rationalizing until very recently.  I'm trying to let go of that and simplify my credit life.  Finding a middle road is hard.  I want my toys but I don't want to clean up my messSmiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.