cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times a day do you start your car?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: How many times a day do you start your car?

Thanks for all the replies, everybody! I will do my level best not to think too much about this lol. It’s going to be hard though. And I’m still going to give my car appreciative pats from time to time....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I actually worried about this a fair amount when I got my BMW last year as the auto stop-start feature would kick in probably 10 times each way to work. It was just another reason to leave the car in sport mode as the "feature" was disabled. Honestly though, I think you're overthinking this issue. 

AHA lol another one. But yeah, I guess I am overthinking things. I think it’s because I had a bad experience with my last car lol So I’m curious as to whether you still have the BMW now that you have a Tesla.

Message 12 of 36
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I traded in the BMW for the Tesla. 

Message 13 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Thanks for all the replies, everybody! I will do my level best not to think too much about this lol. It’s going to be hard though. And I’m still going to give my car appreciative pats from time to time....

And you should

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 36
iced
Valued Contributor

I live in a city where it takes 30 minutes to go 5 miles on a typical weekday by car. Avoiding stopping and starting is an exercise in futility. Homeless people and drug addicts sit on, and possibly even sleep on, my car some nights. My car is covered in soot, trash, and bird crap less than a week after washing.

I can’t even imagine the stress someone with your level of car anxiety would suffer here.
Message 15 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

That's funny as .......you know what to the post above mine.  

Message 16 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

That's funny as .......you know what to the post above mine.  My bible thumping Aunt told me the same thing...sometimes she goes out there and sprays windex.  Like what?!?   Right now I'm watching a bird getting jiggy with it on my escalade side mirror.  I know, somethings just gotta go by the wayside.  Thanks for posting this thread, it's funny and understandable.

Lol I humanize my car too much. I feel like I’m “hurting” it all the time. I have to tell myself, “it’s just a machine! It has no feelings!!!!”

But to be fair, we all know Windex fixes all wrongs. It’s liquid duct tape 

Message 17 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@iced wrote:
I live in a city where it takes 30 minutes to go 5 miles on a typical weekday by car. Avoiding stopping and starting is an exercise in futility. Homeless people and drug addicts sit on, and possibly even sleep on, my car some nights. My car is covered in soot, trash, and bird crap less than a week after washing.

I can’t even imagine the stress someone with your level of car anxiety would suffer here.

I’m about to cry just reading this lol although I do have a big (and extremely drooly) dog that likes to shake his giant head everywhere and then rest his drooly lips on every surface. So really, “cleanness” isn’t as much a concern to me as engine health

Message 18 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

That's funny as .......you know what to the post above mine.  My bible thumping Aunt told me the same thing...sometimes she goes out there and sprays windex.  Like what?!?   Right now I'm watching a bird getting jiggy with it on my escalade side mirror.  I know, somethings just gotta go by the wayside.  Thanks for posting this thread, it's funny and understandable.

Lol I humanize my car too much. I feel like I’m “hurting” it all the time. I have to tell myself, “it’s just a machine! It has no feelings!!!!”

But to be fair, we all know Windex fixes all wrongs. It’s liquid duct tape 

Ya know, in the racing world they call Duct tape "100mph tape".  

Message 19 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Throw some synthetic oil in there and you'll be good for 10k miles easy. Since I drive less than 10k miles a year, I only have to change my oil twice every few years, but I'll usually do it twice a year only to keep it fresh, but I really don't have to.

Cars and engines aren't like they used to be. Modern engines shouldn't be warmed up. They're designed for you to start driving immediately. My Mazda takes maybe a minute to reach operating temperature, maybe. BMW recommends 15k miles between synthetic oil changes. You really don't have to baby them. You're just throwing money away. 

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.