cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times a day do you start your car?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many times a day do you start your car?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’m not a huge fan of hybrids personally. That makes me cringe thinking about that much stop-start lol What do you drive?

Two prius actually.

a standard and a "c" version

owned quite a few of them, but these two in particular (2014c and 2015)we are gonna drive till the wheels fall off.

couple really good points on a prius (if you can get past the looks, as some cant Smiley Happy

full synthetic, with engine only taking 50-75% run time, can go 10k miles between changes.

brakes dont get used much, as the generators do most of the stopping, so can go 100k miles

hybrid batt warranted for 100k miles, or 120k in carb states (so not too much worry, as most last way longer)

toyota manufactured

2019 marks the last year of the "c" version, and is now the corolla version (should be better eye appeal!)

super overdesigned hybrid accomplishment...they WILL NOT stop making the toyota HSD

gen4 prius plugin 2016+ if you commute less than 30mi a day and plug in each night, can get really good mpg, vrs the 

50mpg+/- standard

did i mention toyota manufactures these things haha.

I truly am mesmurized by the prius, as most owners are. but I enjoy the looks, and I really enjoy the fuel cost savings.

Message 31 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’m not a huge fan of hybrids personally. That makes me cringe thinking about that much stop-start lol What do you drive?

Two prius actually.

a standard and a "c" version

owned quite a few of them, but these two in particular (2014c and 2015)we are gonna drive till the wheels fall off.

couple really good points on a prius (if you can get past the looks, as some cant Smiley Happy

full synthetic, with engine only taking 50-75% run time, can go 10k miles between changes.

brakes dont get used much, as the generators do most of the stopping, so can go 100k miles

hybrid batt warranted for 100k miles, or 120k in carb states (so not too much worry, as most last way longer)

toyota manufactured

2019 marks the last year of the "c" version, and is now the corolla version (should be better eye appeal!)

super overdesigned hybrid accomplishment...they WILL NOT stop making the toyota HSD

gen4 prius plugin 2016+ if you commute less than 30mi a day and plug in each night, can get really good mpg, vrs the 

50mpg+/- standard

did i mention toyota manufactures these things haha.

I truly am mesmurized by the prius, as most owners are. but I enjoy the looks, and I really enjoy the fuel cost savings.

I understand your feelings lol. I used to have a Smart Car. Owners are the only ones who understand the appeal. I loved that car and I regret getting rid of it. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 32 of 36
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

I traded in the BMW for the Tesla. 

Acura went to Carvana when I bought my own Tesla, and actually if that picture and label in your siggy is accurate we're twins except I picked mine up in blue.

Totally not missing oil changes and what not, or the gas bill.

Yep. MSM, 19" sport wheels, white interior. There's a blue AWD with white interior and sport wheels at my office parking lot and it's gorgeous. I would have been happy with either color. 

Message 33 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

Acura went to Carvana when I bought my own Tesla, and actually if that picture and label in your siggy is accurate we're twins except I picked mine up in blue.

Yep. MSM, 19" sport wheels, white interior. There's a blue AWD with white interior and sport wheels at my office parking lot and it's gorgeous. I would have been happy with either color. 

Indeed; I wanted a blue car for a while, and the MSM was the color that was seriously delayed by Tesla compared to the others... but I would've been happy with any of their colors especially with the white interior which has been surprisingly easy to keep clean: even the white on white looks sharp and that I wasn't expecting at all.

        
Message 34 of 36
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Schwartzinator wrote:

Indeed; I wanted a blue car for a while, and the MSM was the color that was seriously delayed by Tesla compared to the others... but I would've been happy with any of their colors especially with the white interior which has been surprisingly easy to keep clean: even the white on white looks sharp and that I wasn't expecting at all.

I have no desire to own one, but I would LOVE to test drive one just to see what it feels/sounds like. The interior is kind of cool-looking too—that giant screen!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 35 of 36
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup you are worrying too much. Smiley LOL

I recently rented a car on vacation that had an “auto-stop” feature. (I found this annoying). What is it? It’s a feature that automatically turns the car off when you stop or idle (like at a traffic light) and automatically turns the car back on again when you lift your foot off the break. So during a normal drive the car will turn on and off dozens of times!. This is done to increase the gas mileage. Car manufacturers claim this saves 8-14% in gas. I have my doubts.

You are right to be skeptical.  I can't quote the source but the writer said that your gas savings is less then 1% and that it would take years for it to pay back which hardly justified the $600 cost of the option.  (Note: that was a few years ago when few vehicles had this ability).

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.